Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pincushions and soccer . . .



I stopped off at the shops last night on my way home from work and found that Issue 238 of Cross Stitcher had arrived on our shelves! The freebie was the lovely little vintage pincushion and being the sucker that I am for a freebie (and a sale!) I couldn’t resist and bought it! I started the kit last night after the house went quiet. I must admit that I thought I’d get it all done in one sitting, but the pieces of aida they included were such tiny little bits it made stitching on them rather fiddly! I did manage to get all the cross stitching done though, so will assemble it this evening. 



Pity that they forgot to put the little wooden button in the pack, but I’m sure I have something in my stash that I can use!

I started this little Celtic pincushion last week as my “soccer stitch”.



 And what is a “soccer stitch” I hear you wonder. Well, every Monday and Wednesday evening middle bug has soccer practice from 5.15pm until 6.40pm. So I normally take something small along to stitch while he’s running up and down trying to kick the ball :)

Other than finishing my little cushion this evening, I’m not expecting to get much else done, as it’s off to a school meeting that I have to go! So enjoy your crafty time and have a lovely day!

No comments: