Monday, July 11, 2011

A bookmark, a pirate and a card

Why is it that Monday's always come upon you so much quicker than Fridays? :-)
I do hope that you all had a lovely weekend! Lucky for me all soccer matches are off during the school holidays (only practise as normal!), so I didn't have to get up early on Saturday to stand on the side of a soccer field in the cold :-P

My partner in the Bookmark Exchange on OpenMinders let me know that she's received her bookmark so I can now show it!

I am particularly proud of this as it combined cross-stitch, french knots, satin stitch, back stitch and one that I'm unfamiliar with, turkey stitch! I thoroughly enjoyed stitching this bookmark and will have to make one for myself sometime!

My youngest bug was invited to a "Pirate Party" on Sunday. I managed to find a pirate suit at one of the toy shops that wouldn't require me handing over half my paycheck and my buggy as so excited and pleased with her outfit!

I also spent the weekend doing this little stitch for the Summer Card Exchange on Open Minders. 

Now I need to buckle down and get cracking with dad's lions! I'm starting to think that I bit off more than I can chew with my deadline!

Have a lovely day everyone! Keep safe and have fun!

Take care x x 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'd like to give you the stylish blogger award, head over to my blog to find out the details. xxx