Friday, July 15, 2011

Like a dervish!


The last few days have been a whirlwind and flurry of activity ….. pity it hasn’t been stitchy activity!


My mother - and sister-in-law returned to Cape Town on Tuesday so my home is slowly quieting in preparation for the end of the school holidays!
I’ve managed to get about 400 stitches done on the lion for this week but seeing how much I still need to do is so scarey! While dad’s birthday is in August, I’ll only be going to Cape Town at the end of August, so that gives me an extra week to stitch.

My sister-in-law also called me yesterday to say that she is getting engaged! We are all so excited! She’s in her 40’s and has never had a serious boyfriend, and he’s turning 50, never been married or in a serious relationship either, so we’re all pleased as punch about this J I don’t know how many folks still do this, but it’s sort of our tradition to have a formal engagement where his family will ask her family permission to marry. They’ll be doing this when we’re down in Cape Town in September so this is another reason to look forward to our trip!

Wishing you all  a lovely weekend!

Take care x x

No comments: