Monday, October 31, 2011

Rain Rain Hooray!!!

After a hot and dry week and a bit, the heavens decided to pity us poor souls and opened up! We had a gorgeously wet, albeit hot, weekend. That's the advantages of summer rainfall - the rains come to cool things down so you don't turn into a dried out crisp, but it's not unpleasant at all. I love the rain!

The LHN chart that I had won in the 123stitch September competition arrived along with the fabric that I had ordered for the wedding sampler that I want to stitch for my sis-in-law. So part of the weekend (Saturday to be exact!) was definitely spent putting in a bit of time on this. This is how far I've come - basically one corner.
Wedding Sampler - stitched on 28 count White Jobelan

Sunday saw a start being made to elder bug's teacher gift ..... at last!
Lizzie Kate - Seeds of Knowledge
Stitched on linen - colour uncertain as it was in my stash :-)
Ever wonder what happens to your missing stitched bits?? You know, the one's that you mail and it never arrives at it's destination even though the address is clearly printed and the envelope sealed?? I'm of the opinion that they run off to marry those socks that go missing out of your washer / dryer. Just my view...
The reason I ask is because somewhere out there is a heart that I had stitched that was to be part of a quilt, that never arrived *sigh* So I've re-started it and this is what I've done
Quilt Block stitched on 14 count white Aida
I really am not a fan of white on white! I mean I've seen white work and it is stunning - I just hate doing it myself! My eyes have complained bitterly about this abuse, but I will soldier forth and get this done ..... again!

My eldest bug also had her Masquerade "Prom" this weekend. I forced her to stand and let me take pics or she was not going to be dropped at her friend. :-P
Eldest bug on her way to the Masquerade Prom

So this week will see me trying to make headway on these projects - 15 sided biscornu .........uuurrrggghhhh
I'll have to pick it up again some time in the future!

Have yourselves a lovely day! Be safe and if it's snowing out there - be warm!

Take care x x




3 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo well done on the progress and starts etc .. sorry to hear you've had to re stitch a quilt piece ::::( and hope eldest bug enjoyed her masquerade prom :) love mouse xxxx

Lucie said...

Great progress on your WIP's - I hate it when things got astray in the mail, so annoying!!

Your eldest bug looks very grown up in her prom dress, hope she had a great time :)

Sari said...

I'm a new comer to your blog, and what beauties I find here! Most certainly will become a follower. Greetings from Finland, from another 2012 crazy