Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Pics ...

I realised that I had said I was going to post pics of the gift for eldest bug's teacher and haven't done it yet, so here it is......

"Seeds of Knowledge" by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on linen
It still needs a light iron and then to be framed - I'll be doing that over the next week or so as schools are closing soon! Eldest bug is busy with her exams and that's a definite sign that the year is almost over :-)

I always like to personalise their gifts, but in eldest's case it's so little you can hardly see it ...... (under the worm....there....do you see it now?)
Name added in tiny tiny stitches
I also got this little bookmark done. I thought he was rather cute!
Stitched on 16 count cream aida
I'm still rather frenetically stitching at the wedding sampler - while the wedding is on the 18th December, I leave to Cape Town on the 14th, so will need to have it done and framed before then. And as it's the first wedding sampler that I've stitched for someone I really want it to be nicely framed so will have to get it to and from the Framers before I leave!

Oh .... have I ever said thank you for stopping by and reading my oft times deranged / hysterical /  strange ramblings ? I really enjoy your visits and avidly read your comments :-)

Have a gorgeous day all!

Take care x x

3 comments:

Mouse said...

well am still giggling at your last paragraph as I say it takes one to know one hahahahah ... lovely finishes and cute book mark and fingers crossed you get the sampler done in time to be framed ... sending some "steaming needles" for you to help :) love mouse xxxx

Tricia said...

What great stitching! I love the colors and I'm sure his teacher is going to treasure it!!

RuthB said...

You can do it-- I know you can! You can *probably* even do it and have your sanity still intact. ;-)

I love the wormy signature :)

Happy frantic stitching!