Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A change to the plan

A very good morning from a hot and sweltering Johannesburg! Woke up this morning feeling as though a taxidermist had been at my head during the night and stuffed cotton wool balls behind my eyeballs! Pity I can't take off from work though :(
But it's all good - have taken some pain killers and am at my desk!

I've made a change to my crazy list - or rather I've re-introduced one of the charts that I had initially wanted to stitch, then replaced with something else, but since it seems that I'm not going to get the threads in time to do the "something else", I'm bringing back my old choice :-) That was one long sentence wasn't it? My english teacher would have made me write lines if she had to read it :-)

And so, without any further yapping, here's my start for day 9 ....

Pirate Queen by Dark Side of the Moon
Stitched on 28 count Antique White evenweave
using DMC threads
This is by far the biggest project in my challenge list, and I was two minded as to whether or not I should add it as I didn't want to have any UFOs from the challenge for next year. However, I've decided that part of the fun of the CJC is also to challenge yourself and extend yourself - so I'm adding this piece and will finish it! It's going to be a pressie for oldest bug - I would love to have it done in time for her birthday in June, but not sure if I can do it .... we'll have to wait and see.

If I haven't yet said HI to the new pics I see on my side bar then do excuse me - Hello and welcome to my little world of madness and mayhem :-)

I suppose I should be off to do what I am paid for though, so until tomorrow's update of this evening's stitching, hope you all have a wonderful day/evening/afternoon!

Take care x x


3 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh I don't think your job will mind if you do more important stuff like update your blog lol, it makes you a happier worker (well I'd stick to that reason ;) ) Love this piece, went and looked it up lol, and I think your right to include it, its good to challenge yourself, reach for the moon and even if you fail you'll be amongst the stars !cip

Mouse said...

ooo hope you feel much better now and well done on the start and as you say its all for fun .. when it becomes a chore then you don't do it any more and that would be a real shame ... and coooo get back to looking like you are working ..lol love mouse xxxx

Nicola said...

I hope your headache has gone away, working does get in the way of stitching.