Monday, January 16, 2012

The last of the crazy starts

Soooo....while I have not posted about my last few starts, I have been stitching them! A new start for every day of the first fifteen days of January! What an achievement! And what would be an even greater achievement would be to actually finish them :-P

So without any further yapping....

Day 12 ... My rather tiny start was "Sunflowers in Summer" by CCN, which I am stitching on 30 ct linen using the recommended threads.
Sunflowers in Summer by CCN
Stitched on 30ct linen

Day 13 ... I chose to stitch Margaret Sherry's delightful crafty cat which had been featured in Issue 135 of the UK magazine "Cross Stitcher". I'm stitching this mischevous kitty on 14 ct white aida, using DMC threads

Crafty Cat by Margaret Sherry
Stitched on 14ct aida with DMC threads

Day 14 ... and I picked up "Colonial Roses" by The Sweetheart Tree. I am using the threads and fabric which came with this kit - 32ct Rue Green Belfast Linen and DMC threads.

Colonial Roses Biscornu kit by The Sweetheart Tree
Stitched on 32 ct Dublin Linen with DMC threads

Day 15 ... for the last day of the challenge, I brought in a surprise stitch :-) I've had this in my stash for a few years now and have always found other things to stitch, so I've decided to add it to my list and this way I know it's going to get done!
Alphabet Learner by Chris Davenport
Stitched on 18ct aida with Dimensions threads

So now I can get stuck into completing my crazies...right? Wrong! I've signed up in a Spring Biscornu Exchange at Friendly Stitchers so will be spending the balance of this week to get as far along with this as possible.

I'm off to hop along and peak at all you've been up to :-)

Take care x x


6 comments:

Ruth said...

Wonderful starts Thoeria and I really love the sweetheart tree one, but then you know my weakness for biscornu's. I know you can finish them and I'm looking forward to seeing them all come together over the year.

Maureen said...

congrats on making it through all those new starts - looking forward to seeing all your finishes now!!

Siobhán said...

What fun choices! They're all lovely--I'll enjoy watching your progress!

Mouse said...

oooo well done ... love the new starts and can't wait to see more of them and the biscornu toooo ..love mouse xxxxx

Nicola said...

The Sweetheart Biscornu looks very interesting, hoping to see more of this one. I love pieces with speciality stitches.

You have chosen a nice selection of designs to work on, you must have given this quite a bit of thought.

Tony Dillon said...

Nice one! Good luck with them.