Monday, January 9, 2012

Another day done

I had what can only be described as a lazy lazy Sunday today! The morning was spent at the shops getting the usual day to day goods- boring stuff really! And the afternoon was spent doing some reading, and then ... wait for it ... I took a little nap! Haven't done that in forever, but decided that when the little bugs went off to nap, that it was a good idea to take a short snooze myself. and it was divine!
When I eventually forced my lazy self off the bed, I decided that it was a great idea to bake some cookies - so little bug and I spent some time in the kitchen baking up a batch of choc chip cookies - yummy! According to middle bug, his sister bakes "the best cookies in the world" ! They finished off all the cookies after supper :)

The best choc chip cookies in the world being baked :-)

So stitching only started after 8pm this evening. For today I chose to stitch "A New Day" by MBTD. I'm stitching it on a piece of  28 count Wichelt linen (China Pearl), using DMC threads. As I had a short nap I think that I'm going to do a few more stitches before heading off to bed :-)

A New Day by MBTD
Stitched on China Pearl 28 count Wichelt Linen with DMC threads

Take care x x

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Love your start and those cookies just look yum ! Its lovely to get into the kitchen baking with the little ones, I ca't wait to use up Christmas goodies so we can get back to it. What are we reading at the moment ?

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

Sundays should be lazy lazy days. The collage of your daughter baking is so sweet. A lovely way of spending time together.

Mouse said...

ooooooooooooooooooo coookieeeeessss ... well done to the wee baker ... looks a fine job and they always say the proof is in the eating and with none left says it all ..lol ... lovely new start too :) love mouse xxxx

Tricia said...

Oh your nap sounded heavenily Thoeria, I was back to work today and after my lazy 2 weeks off Im stiff and sore :(,
Love your new project and cant wait to see it complete xxx