Monday, March 12, 2012

Almost there .....

So I spent the week concentrating on the lions....and am happy to report that there is only 5,764 more stitches to go! Ummmm.......maybe puttingit like that wasn't such a god idea - seems like a pretty daunting number to get through!

So here's the lions when I last left them in Feb

Power and Grace - 20 February 2012
And this is how far I cam until last night

Power and Grace - 11 March 2012

So Daddy lion's face is about done and I now need to fill in the background, which will hopefully go a lot faster - you cannot tell but there are lots of subtle colour changes and blending in the lions.

Tonight I'll make a start my "Dawn of Spring" SAL which Mouse had sent this weekend. The grand plan had been to get started with it on Saturday, but that's a story for another day!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and are now ready to tackle whatever this week has in store for you :)

Take care x x

9 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo love the lions hair do ... looks like mine in the morning hehheh
can't wait to see your start :) love mouse xxxxx

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Great progress!!! Keep it up!!

Linda said...

Wow. Great progress. Its really pretty. Can you tell me who the designer is.

Linda

Debbie said...

wow! you are a very brave lady! the lions are looking good!

milly said...

Hello

Just found your blog.

Power and Grace looks absolutely stunning!

lesli said...

Your lions are looking outstanding. I love the little cub on the mother's neck!

RuthB said...

5764, eh? LOL No, I don't think putting it like that would make *me* feel any better about my chances of finishing a piece. Some day i have to see how many stitches I get put in on a "good" night. Hmm, I do think I have the evening free.

P.S. Looking great!

The Manbroider said...

Come on a little over 5,000 stitches is nothing girl! Your Lions are looking amazing well done! Cant wait to see them finished!

Angela said...

What a beautiful project :)