Monday, March 19, 2012

Dawn of Spring SAL part 1

Another week? Really?? Another week is gone? Have you felt the urge to pinch yourself just to make sure that this is all real :) I know I have, but then I'm not what the docotr's would classify as *normal* :-D

I spent last week on the lovely band sampler that Mouse designed - part 1 of the SAL now all done! 
Dawn of Spring Part 1
Designed by Mouse

A little closer...
A MH beads and Chameleon Silk

 I had spent quite a bit of time agonising about colour choices for this project and the final choice of threads here is a completely different to what I had originally thought  about using.
And I'm still not sure if I'm happy with it....the band of cushion stitch and smyrna - I'm not sure I like the colour...
Cushion and Smyrna Stitch

I may just end up ripping it all out and redoing it - the band at the bottom, not the whole thing!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend - all those who are participating in the IHSW, hope you got loads done, and to those who celebrated St. Patrick's day, "Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig ort"

Take care x x

11 comments:

Ruth said...

I love your sampler Thoeria and I'd not rip it out until you have the entire piece done, it may be you can add those same colours in the middle and top and so it would all be tied together. I like their bright vibrant feel.

Denise SA said...

I like the vibrant colours and think mine is dull in comparison

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

This is going to be just beautiful!!

Gillie said...

Mm, I agree with Ruth, definitely hold off on the ripping! Lovely colours and I think it will settle into itself, as it were, when you get further down.

Linda said...

I think the colors in your bAnd sampler are great. Don't change anything.

Linda

Heth said...

I agree, don't rip out til you see how it looks after the next part is completed. Colours are great.

Heather

Mouse said...

gorgeous colours and don't rip it out ... as you go down the sampler add the more brighter colours in there to balance it out more ... honest it will work :)
love those pearl beads too :)
love mouse xxxxxx

mdgtjulie said...

I love your colors, Thoeria. Sampler looks great! But you do what you want, cause you have to look at it!!! Grats on the progress, either way!

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching. The colours are so pretty. I like it.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Mia said...

Oh, I love the colors :) This is beautiful!

happy stitching :)
Hugs
Mia

Bianca said...

I really like the color combo. They look so pretty, unless they look different in person than the photo, I wouldn't change a thing.