After much ummming and aaahhh-ing....I finally knuckled down and got cracking with the second part of Mouse's lovely band sampler. I've never done any real stitching with ribbon, so I'm pretty chuffed with how my spider roses turned out. They're a bit lopsided here and there, but I think they add character :)
I had been thinking about ripping it all and starting afresh with a new colour choice, but decided to listen to Ruth and give part 2 a go and see ....
I did rip out the band of smyrna and cushion as I realised why it was bothering me - I am doing the cross stitch with 1 strand silk over 2, but for some odd, unexplained and unfathomable reason ( I must have been half asleep!), I had done this band with 2 strands of silk, which made the band look rather bulky. Now that I've redone it with 1 strand of silk, I am liking the effect much better and don't think I will be ripping this out anytime soon :)
|Dawn of Spring Part 2|
|My "character" spider roses :)|
This evening will see my return to ............THE GYM!
I finally caved in and decided that I'll give it one more try and hopefully I will be lucky this time round :) As they close at 9.30pm, it means I can go after homework and all the other family obligations. I'm hoping to get there just after 8 and maybe stay for about an hour. Hubby will be home with the sleeping kiddos so atleast I don't have to worry about them. Wish me luck! You'll no doubt get to hear all about my foray into the world of treadmills and sweat over the next while :)
Take care x x