Monday, June 25, 2012

The Battle of the Bullion Knots!

Sooo.....after about a million attempts...no seriously.....it was like a million gazillion attempts....to finish a bullion knot without sticking the needle into my fingers (or my tongue ....don't ask!) and ending up with what can only be best described as a rather limp noodle shaped worm that looked like a mutated hairy worm after it had been chewed up and spat out by a chicken, I have admitted defeat! I have been beaten by the bullion! Just the memory of this stitch has me trembling and mentally scrambling into a corner....thumb in mouth! And I had such grand plans of finishing the little spider roses as bullion roses.....perish the thought!!!!!

Spider Roses - and not a bullion in sight!
In the days of ignorant innocence, before being exposed to the horror that is a bullion, I had thought that the Drawn Thread work that was called for in this part would have me stumped. Not so! I actually quite enjoyed doing this and would have no problem wielding a scissor to fabric to indulge in a bit of drawn-ness again :)
Not as evil as I'd thought it would be!

I am very very very very pleased (see how very pleased I am!) with the overall effect of my Part 3 of DoS!

Dawn of Spring
minus the evil Bullions

Part 4 has been absolute dream to stitch....almost completed it and will update you all in my next post :)

Have a stunning, bullion free day ya'all!

Take care x x

9 comments:

Gillie said...

Nooooo! Oh dear, Thoeria, now I have stopped laughing I AM feeling your pain, honest I am, lol! I do love the colours of your DoS but really wish I could have been a little lizard on the wall in your house........!

Monique said...

I am still loving the colour of the piece. I wish I had guts to try something new like you are doing but maybe one day I will. Can't wait to see what's next for you. My little ones on school holiday so I'm sure your two are or will be soon. Nice not having to rush around in the morning.

stitchesnscraps said...

Oh Darling, I so feel your pain with the Evil Bullions. I went thru the same thing on How Does Your Garden Grow by Papillion Creations. I saved them until very close to the end. Luckily I only had 8 of them to do, so I perservered and buckled down, and they are done. Are they pretty? I don't think so, but done!

DOS is looking lovely! Your drawn thread work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa J.

Kaisievic said...

It all looks lovely to me. Well done.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

LOL, Theoria! I think I'm glad I didn't try that SAL!! : ) It looks beautiful. Even without bullion knots! (Which, personally, I think sound like a type of soup...!)

Tricia

Angela said...

I think they look great! I don't think I'll attempt them anytime soon either though :)

Mouse said...

ohhhh sorry I shouldn't be sat here giggling.... but you did a wonderful job on your alternative stitch and gorgeous job on your drawn thread sections *VBG :) love mouse xxxxx

RuthB said...

Great work -- sorry to hear about the fingers an tongue.... I'm trying really hard not to laugh here, but honest I completely understand!!! That's why I replaced the bullion knotted row with something else. You see, I like my tongue. :)

Denise SA said...

Sorry your bullion stitches did not work out it still looks gorgeous