Friday, January 18, 2013

The Return of the Prodigal Stitcher.....

Wow....it's been a long long time since I've actually been here....and for that I do apologise!

My thanks to those who mailed and messaged and emailed to find out which hole I'd fallen into :)

Unfortunately the latter part of 2012 was a dismal downhill for me personally.....

After the death of my cousin to cancer, I lost a dear friend who underwent a routine surgery and did not recover as expected, which slumped my stitching bug even further. This loss was followed by the death of my dear MIL who succumbed to a combination of her age and her heart. Along with the regular ups and downs of daily life, it has been....difficult to put needle to thread and try to move on, especially when another dear dear friend found life too difficult to cope with and attempted suicide on 2 occassions. So yes, I am well pleased to see the back of 2012!

I have recently picked up needle and thread in an attempt to get some harmony and peace going in my life, and will be back to blogging as normal very soon.

Take care x x

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh my dear I am so sorry to hear about how bad your year went. You needed you time, that is a lot to cope with and having had a difficult 2012 myself I know its hard. I do hope your stitching brings some peace and harmony this year to you. Take care of yourself and your family as that is what is important. Hugs and thoughts xxx

Linda said...

Oh Thoeria. I'm so glad that your okay. I am very sorry to hear about your losses. I'm sending hugs and happy thoughts that this year will be much better. I'm looking forward to seeing some stitching from you.

Linda

Terri said...

So sorry for your trials and losses! Hugs and prayers and welcome back! :-)

Monique said...

I am so glad to see that you are back. But I am truly sorry about how things went for you. Hopefully 2013 will bring happiness and peace.

Tricia said...

Oh Thoeria, I cant even begin to imagine what you went through emot ionally, my thoughts are with you.
Picking up that needle will be your solace place and enjoy it,
Bigs Hugs xxx

Anne said...

So sorry to hear of your losses. I hope that stitching a little will bring you some peace. God Bless.

Nicola said...

I have missed you. 2012 was not a good year for so many. Stitching helps me and I hope it will help you too dear friend.

Denise SA said...

I hope that 2013 will be filled with hope and happiness