Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Angel Boy :)

Last night I came home to find my little boy all excited as he had been given the class floating Angel Trophy for being a very well behaved boy :) Understand that I am extremely proud of all my kids....but I do know that they can be a handful! And my boy is....well....a very lively and exuberant little boy who enjoys physical activities and can get a bit boisterous :) So I was so excited for him! The Angel goes back to his class to be given to another little boy today, but I know that now that he's had a taste of what it feels like to get her, he's going to keep on trying to win her and bring her home :)

My little angel boy :)

On a sadder note, 9 boys from the high school were struck by lightening on Tuesday afternoon. How horrible! They were all members of the first cricket team who had been trying to cover the pitch when they were hit. Two of the boys were still in ICU, six have been discharged, and one has now been moved into a normal ward. It's just so scary to realise that the lightening we take forgranted here is actually life threatening! My heart goes out to those poor families!

I have been hard at work winding...and winding...and winding...and winding my DMC threads onto bobbins :) Took a break from it last night to start getting stuck into A New Day and am hoping that it will be finished real soon!

Unfortunately as the threads for DoS has not decided to turn up...I am going to have to seriuosly consider doing a frog on the curly bottom bits and choosing another thread to  finish it.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Valentine's day!

Take care xx

7 comments:

Ruth McKeon said...

Well done to your little boy ! He sounds like just what a boy should be but I know all to well this is not the most conducive to school classroom etiquette so it is all the more sweeter for him and for you !
How sad about the boys on the cricket team and I do hope they all get well and recover, what a fright ! Good luck with all the winding, I rather you than me...I think I'd have purchased more threads rather than bobbins lol but then I'm kinda lazy. Take care xx

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

The trophy is a wonderful idea! I'm so happy for your son!!! Have fun winding. You'll be so glad you have them all done!!!

Tricia

Terri said...

He sure is a cutie! Congratulations to both of you!!

That's terrible about those boys! I will say a prayer for them.

Linda said...

Congrats to your son Thoeria. I hope the boys all recover real soon. Good luck with the floss winding. I did that several years ago.

Linda

Mouse said...

ohhh well done wee man and what a lovely photo of you ...
sorry about the cricket team , that was one nasty lightening strike ....

hope your threads turn up soon would hate for you to frog ... and well done on the winding :) love mouse xxxxx

Stitching Noni said...

It is lovely to see you back again :). Sorry to hear that things haven't been the best recently...
Your stitching looks wonderful. How on earth did that skein disappear... Must be the gremlins :). I'm sure you will eventually find it after you have frogged and started with a new colour!!!
Well done to your little man :)
Hugs x

Nicola said...

Well done to your son, you must be proud of him. Oh those poor boys.