Friday, February 1, 2013

Oh Fiddlesticks!!

So after a week of stitching on nothing but "A New Day" I'm so close to a finish I can almost taste it!! Unfortunately though, I've run out of the thread for the last two words and to finish the border, so will have to set it aside until I get to my thread shop....which will only be on Saturday as it's about a 25km drive from me!



Once I have the threads I am hoping to get it completed this weekend, then on to a new WIP that needs attention. I haven't decided which one though - On the one hand I'm thinking "Grab one that's almost done so you can have a finish" and on the other hand I'm thinking "Choose one that needs a little more work so that you can make some inroads into it". I guess I'll decide once I have them all lined up.

Who doesn't love a great giveaway??!!! And Heather, who blogs over at Heather's Stitching Story, is having a super giveaway of 6 CCN and LHN Charts:
Pirates Life - Country Cottage Needleworks
Thread Gathering - Little House Needleworks
Snow In Love - Little House Needleworks
Pie Menu - Country Cottage Needleworks
Sheep In Meadow - Country Cottage Needleworks
M'Ladys Strawberries - Little House Needleworks
Interested? Well head on over there! Just click here and go and have a look see :)

My dad called me yesterday to let me know that he and Mum will be coming up for a visit next weekend. I haven't seen them since August last year so it will be lovely to have them for a stay.

Have a wonderful weekend all! Keep safe and enjoy :)

Take care xx

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I missed your update earlier so I'm glad I thought to check out your blog. I really like your A new day and your right the words are just inspirational..isn't that Murphy's law to run out just so close to the end. I hope you get your thread and finish it off as its quite lovely. I love your cloth you knitted also and your eldest bug will love it to I'm sure. What book is on the go at the moment ? I'm finishing off one for one of my challenges and will be choosing something new to read, book reveiw early next week on my blog lol. So glad your mojo is returning, I've missed reading your blog.

Linda said...

Great progress Thoeria. What a bummer running out of floss. On the positive, when you pick it up again, it won't take long to finish.

Linda

Mouse said...

ohhh fiddlesticks indeed .... almost had the same problem with my sal ... bought all the threads to realise hadn't wrote down two of them and I need them now .... have to get and order in toot suite ...
ooo it will be lovely having your parents to see you :) have a great week :) love mouse xxxxx

Nicola said...

That is so fustrating!!!

Wondeful news that your parents will be visiting, mine are coming to stay later this month and I am so excited.