Monday, February 11, 2013

The Mystery of the Disappearing Threads.....

Soooo.....Friday evening I'm all comfortable....sitting in my fave stitching spot....got my little project bag out and getting ready to start making further inroads to Dawn of Spring.....when it dawns on me....the threads!  Where are the threads I am busy using for this part of  DOS??!! Checked the project bag....nothing! Go and check in the bedroom......nothing! Check under the bed.....nothing! Check the box where all my threads are stored....nothing! Check my cupboard....nothing! Check the pantry....it's amazing where you'll look as desperation mounts....and you guessed it......nothing! Most most annoying!! If I do not find this skein of threads I'm going to have to undo the bottom bit that I've started and redo it with a different thread. All the other threads for this project is in the bag.....just this one particular skein that I need NOW!
So as you can guess....no stitching took place Friday as I was just feeling too grumpy and annoyed with the missing skein.....I wonder if it's run off with the one sock that I'm also looking for!

Saturday morning, and I'm all ready to head out to the thread shop to get my 2 skeins to finish off A New Day. The thread shop is about 25km away from me....so it should have taken me about 20 minutes tops to get there...but.....I'm such a bright spark....that I took the wrong turn-off from the highway.....thrice!! Did I mention that I'm a bright spark?? I'm happy to report that I persevered and eventually got there....after about an hour....and purchased not only my threads....but also two of those bobbin box thingys....you know the type you store your threads in? Well I spent the rest of Saturday and Sunday winding threads onto bobbins. I'm about a third of the way through my DMC threads....think this little project is going to take me a little longer than I anticipated!

Hope you all had quiet productive weekends!

Take care xx

4 comments:

Mouse said...

isn't it a pain when we can't find those elusive threads ....good luck with the winding ... I@ve got that to to do yet ....
and coooooooo way to go on the DOS it looks lovely ... just catching up as always ...lol
got given some dish cloth wool and some needles for my birthday ... there may be a loud squeak coming your way soon .... just saying ..lol .. love mouse xxxxxx

Babs in Alabama said...

Don't you just hate to get side-tracked? You get my age you get side tracked and sometimes you don't remember what you needed the threads for in the first place, lol. Good luck on "the project"!

Linda said...

Oh how funny. You know, when your not looking for it, that skein of floss will show up. Glad you made it to the store.

Linda

Ruth said...

Oh hate that totally !! You check the what I call the normal places where it could be and then the crazy places !! I do hope it turns up. Glad you got the threads eventually, I did have a giggle about taking the wrong turn (that would be what I'd do, country roads yes no problem highways..total disaster!). I got so bored winding threads on bobbins I switched to little bags so I wish you luck getting them all on, but they will be sorted for ages. xx