Monday, January 27, 2014

A Stitcher in the making?

Busy, busy weekend!! That's what I had! Let's see.....first there was a visit to the thread shop to pick up some more bobbins and bits.....my thread shop is NOT like any you can really imagine...it's about 25 mins drive from me....in a part of town that is rather dodgy....but the old man has been there for centuries and knows his stuff and the prices make it worth the trip! So that's where little bug and I went to on Saturday.....and managed it without the drama of my last visit....

Then it was off to the framers to pick up a round robin piece that I'd stitched on way back in 2010.....I forgot to take a pic of it to show....will have to do that next time! While at the framer, little bug and I popped over to the art and craft shop next door....and she asked if she could get this...




How could I say no?! So...once home, after a swim to cool off....we got started. The kit is really perfect for a kiddy just learning, and comes with a plastic needle.



Monkey Sewing Kit




I showed her the first few stitches....then off she went!




And after a few hours with a second swim, and a hot bath inbetween.......

Proud Monkey Stitcher!

She calls her "Patches" :)

I didn't get much done this weekend in the stitching department. I spent most of it in the pool.....and then winding and winding and winding.......still have about 60 more threads to get onto their bobbins....but as I am leaving for that conference later today....that'll have to wait! I've packed my smalls SAL piece to take with me...to do the finishing. I had had grand plans of hauling out the sewing machine and trying to figure it out (about 4 years after it's been purchased....) but that didn't materialise so I'm going to have to finish it by hand!

I do hope you all had a super weekend, and that it'll be a wonderful week ahead for you!

Take care


4 comments:

Annie said...

Adorable monkey, beautiful child! I love the photo of her stitching with her goggles on her head!

Bianca said...

What a great little first project!

Linda said...

Congrats to your daughter for making an adorable monkey Thoeria. She did a fantastic job. Now you need to teach her to cross stitch.

Linda

Joysze said...

Awww, she's darling!! And did such a great job on the monkey. :D