Friday, January 17, 2014

IHSW and a SAL :)

Thanks to Ms Mouse's reminder in the Friendly Stitchers Yahoo Group, I realised that this is the first IHSW hermitting weekend for 2014! I've never officially participated before, but as I've said before, this is a new year and I'm planning on coming out of my shell a lot more :) which is a strange turn of phrase I know as the whole point of the International Hermit & Stitch weekend is to try and spend as much time as you can on your stitching! A fun idea I tell you! So this weekend I'm planning to stitch as much as I can on my "Craft Cat" in between spending time cooling down - we've received a weather warning for a heat wave that is expected to go through into next week ......well today was 36 so I'm hoping it won't climb much higher!

I've also decided to join the 2014 Smalls SAL which is being hosted by Stitching Lotus . The idea is to stitch a small a month, be it a bookmark, ornament, needle book etc You get to decide what you want to stitch and what the size will be. And on the third Wednesday, share your stitched small! There's still time to join that fun too, so why not head on over and join up!

Thought I'd leave you with a pic of my kitty......Scruffy :)  I do feel sorry for him in this heat!



Have a wonderful weekend all! Stay safe and enjoy:)

Take care




2 comments:

Bianca said...

Scruffy looks adorable. I have a gray cat too :)

htimcj said...

What an adorable cat! I hope the heat wave breaks soon!
Heidi-ILCS