Monday, January 20, 2014

IHSW Happy Dance!

Ohhhhh I LOVE IHSW!!!! I sat and I sat......and to swipe Ms Mouse's turn of phrase....got a serious case of "numb bum syndrome"....but it paid off! A happy dance for me it is !!! I finished "Crafty Cat" !!!! My first finish for 2014 and it's still January!!

"Crafty Cat" by Margaret Sherry
featured in CrossStitcher, June 2003
This little one will be going on the wall in my craft room.....which is in serious need of attention!! Isn't it frustrating that in order to stitch in peace you need some modicum of organisation.....but in order to have said bit of organisation you need to take time away from your stitching to get organised?? My craft room is in SERIOUS need of some clearing out. I'm all for CHAOS....but ummmm......I can't find anything in the mess!! So, at some stage I'll have to stop stitching and start cleaning...and sorting ....and tossing....and winding threads etc etc etc....

I also made a small start yesterday....for the Smalls SAL.


"Wedding Lace"
This little bit of strangeness will become a small needlebook. It's a rather sweet design that should stitch up rather easily. The kit has been in my chaotic craft room for the last 2 years or so....and when I was hunting for something that I could do for the Smalls SAL (which resulted in even more chaos in the Messy Room), I had one of those lightbulb moments  and went "AHA!!" It came with a piece of Rustico Aida, which I've dropped for this piece of evenweave that I came across whil looking for something to stitch. I think I may have started it too close to the edge....will have to check this evening when I sit down to some more stitching!
As I started it I realised that with this SAL, at least I can count on 12 finishes minimum for the year! :)

I do hope that your IHSW was as much fun as mine and that the week will be a good one!

Take care

8 comments:

Gillie said...

Ahem, it was ME that reminded you about hermitting, you know, in FS! Glad it went well and a finish too!

Sorry about the messy room, know THAT syndrome well, lol!

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish and cute start Thoeria. My tubs of kits got messed up a couple years ago. I will have to spend at least a week in the garage this spring getting them put back in order.

Linda

Mouse said...

hahahahah ... glad you managed the syndrome ... pity I didn't ...lol
mmmmm don't come over to my craft room now will you for a bit as its probably even worse than yours hehehehe
great start to the new year and long may it continue :) love mouse xxxxx

Bianca said...

Congratulations on your first finish! Good luck organizing the craft room; hopefully you find some buried treasures :)

Xeihua (Sara) said...

Congratulations on your first finish :) It's Gorgeous and really well suited for yoru Craft room :)

Kate said...

That's so adorable!! congrats! love the new start too :)

Joysze said...

So glad to read you had a great IHSW. :D Crafty Cat is too cute for words. I love Sherry!

Cleaning?? Nahhh..... it'll wait. Stitch, stitch!! LOL

Mary Joan said...

Congratulations on a great finish, just love MS Cats.