Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday? Already?

And I feel like I've not accomplished much!! I do so admire those of you who manage to do more than one craft at a go! I can barely make my way through stitching....and there you are knitting...crocheting...making quilts....stitching clothes...all while cross-stitching a gorgeous piece! My knitting is lackadaisical at the best of times....and crochet.....well.....that's the craft I've promised to teach myself for the past 5 years.....
And let me not start with the sewing and the quilting! I see all these gorgeous quilts and I so want to be able to do that! But I have yet to master threading my sewing machine :)

Well...like I said...not much accomplished this week. Hubby has been travelling so it's been a mad rush to get all 3 bugs ready and dropped at school before rushing to the office and then getting them all picked up again in the afternoon....and they are each at different schools! So needles to say I have been remiss in my stitching....

But enough excuses.....this week I worked a bit more on the book bag for my youngest, and have managed to get this far...

Leaves done...now for the flowers!
I always feel that my satin stitch is unkempt not quite as smooth as those I have seen out there....



I did a wee bit of cross stitch on my "Alphabet Learner" as well...This was where I had left it ...



And this is how far I am now......


Ok.....maybe "far" was not the correct word to use.....as I didn't really get all that far!

I got Dawn of Spring back from the framers this weekend :) Maybe I shouldn't have done the white frame...but I love her nevertheless!


"Dawn of Spring" designed by Ms Mouse
Yahoo Group "Friendly Stitchers" SAL

Ohhhhhh......and before I forget to mention.....I *did* get some more winding onto bobbins done! Not quite the same as clearing out the Messy Room...but I tell myself that it's a start!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Take care

4 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Your book bag stitching is gorgeous :)

I know exactly what you're saying about time... I am in awe of the people who can do so such in one day/week.... When I read some of these blogs or FB groups I am so jealous of the stitching/crafting people can achieve in their day... Where do they get the time?

Gillie said...

Well, by not working, for a start, Noni! Will you stop it, Miss T? You get a LOT done, just not so much in the stitching world! The book bag is lovely!

Linda said...

Great update Thoeria. Your finished piece is lovely and looks great in the white frame. Love the colors in the Alphabet Learner. The book bag is moving along nicely.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Love the stitching on the book bag and it appears to me as if you get heaps done! Please don't be so hard on yourself. We all do our best.