Monday, March 24, 2014

IHSW ....I need another!

Why is it that weekends always seem to fly past quicker than it takes me to get a cup of coffee? :)

I've had a busy busy long weekend!

As I mentioned....there was soccer on Friday. What a blast! I do love watching the boys play even though I get all tense and just want it over and done with in the last 5 minutes of the game! My son has been with his club since he was 5...he'll be 9 this year. He loves playing soccer and the whole cameradie and being part of a team. Great lessons to teach any child I think :)

A rather grey day at the soccer fields

On the stitchy front, I did not get as much completed as I had hoped to. Didn't even touch the Castle! But...I did take out my Spanish Geometrical Sampler and did a bit of work on it. When I last worked on it, I had only completed the band on the left. So a little bit of stitching got me this far

Spanish Geometrical Sampler by Needle's Content


Close up
As you can I see I added some of the beads - wanted to get a feel for what it would look like as I am not using any of the called for threads or colours. In fact, as it's been so long since I worked on this piece, when I originally took it out of the WIP Box of Shame, I thought maybe I should consider restarting it in the called for shades. I did this small piece in the recommended shades then decided that I really do prefer my original choice :)

A small piece in the recommended shades
I'm stitching this piece mostly in local silks (Chameleon Threads) and some others that I have in my stash that I think will blend. I have no definite colour choice in mind but am making it up as I go along...if it looks pretty I'll use it :)

I also did a little work on my Rose Mosaic Needle Roll. This was where I had picked it up at

Rose Mosaic Needle Roll by M Designs
And this was where I had left it off last night...


I'm using the called for silks to get this piece done.

I'm not sure what I'm going to be stitching this week...other than finishing off the small. *That* I know I will be working on. But for the rest of the week? I am enjoying working on these 2 pieces so may continue.

These beauties were in the garden....aren't they pretty?



Notice the clear blue sky? That's generally what winter looks like here. And I took these pics on Saturday....the day after the rather dismal looking soccer tournament. How strange is the weather on your side of the world?

Have a wonderful week all.

Take care

3 comments:

cucki said...

Awww sweet stitching and beautiful photos xx

Linda said...

Wonderful stitching on all the pieces Thoeria.

Linda

Busy Lizzie said...

beautiful stitching