Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Small SAL Check In

Well hello again :) Two posts in two days? Most unusual for me I know :) But it's time for the Small's SAL check in! I'm linking up with Heather from Stitching Lotus. Curious to know more about this SAL, then head on over and check out the easy rules :) It's not too late to join the fun! 

I had hoped to have my little pillow (I have yet to venture into another finishing technique.....maybe next month I'll surprise with a flatfold or something equally marvelous!!) done by today.....but with crochet and everything else distracting me....I only got the stitching done.



This delightful freebie chart (along with many more) can be found here

Anybody else notice that the last 3 designs stitched have all featured little blue birds? :) I've the fabric for the backing all ready for this one....and will be tossing in a wee bit of lace too! I'm hoping to overcome my fear of working on the sewing machine and doing the finish with the machine.....fingers crossed I don't stitch my fingers to the piece!!!

Have a great week all!

Take care

18 comments:

Elunia said...

Very nice stitching.
Greetings from Poland :))

Busy Lizzie said...

Love it, very cute

cucki said...

So cute x

Sheila said...

Very cute.So spring like.

Nelza said...

lovely piece!

Pamela said...

Nice! How very appropriate for spring.

Kaisievic said...

Very sweet, my dear.

Mouse said...

awwww that is sew cute ... pun intended ...lol
ok to over come the fear of the sewing machine .... withdraw a thread around the design where you want the finished size of the piece to be .... then when you put the right sides together have the stitched piece at the top and use the withdrawn line as a guide :) love mouse xxxxx

Bianca said...

That is the sweetest little design. Good luck with the sewing machine!

Marcy said...

Lovely! A great small for April.

brendon said...

Such a nice! From Russia with love!

Wendy said...

oh that's lovely! I pinned that pattern a while ago. don't worry, it's actually very hard to stitch through your finger, just don't stitch without a presser foot and you'll be fine!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Thoeria. What a great design.

Linda

Maria del Valle said...

Nice small!!
thanks by the link

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's so pretty.

Sheryl S. said...

Lovely little birdie.

Monique said...

Good luck with the finishing. I have been wanting to do a flat fold for awhile now but the perfect design still eludes me. Can't wait to see yours finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Such a sweet little design, perfect for Spring with the little bluebird.