Wednesday, April 23, 2014

She's got it!!

Well actually...it got there about 2 weeks back....but being the clever little garden gnome that I am...I forgot to take any pics of the finished product, and as she was away when it arrived, I had to wait for her to get back and send me a pic  - which she did last week but I forgot to post it!

"What!!??" you may ask.....well......the exchange piece I stitched for Mary in the FriendlyStitchers Exchange!

I decided to do a little stitcher's pocket (I think that's what it's called anyways!)

This is the finished stitching before I put it all together with a close up of some of the stitching.....



And this is what it looked like once it was all done....





I had lots of fun doing this ....it was something I had on my "Want to Stitch Someday" list, so getting the opportunity to do so was lovely!

The crochet bug seems to have taken a hold of me and I did not touch Castle last night at all.....
Instead I spent the evening playing with hook and yarn and trying a few differnt tutorials on YouTube - I never realised that there were so MANY different ways to crochet a granny square!!! I did a few rounds....and spent a considerable amount of time on this square...


It's not perfect (I did one double crochet instead of 3 into one of the chains!) but this is practise :D
And yes....it really did take me a few hours to do this.....it would appear that I'm not only a rather slow stitcher....but crochet-er (ummm.....would that be the correct term for someone who crochets??) too!


I hope you are all doing well.....enjoying the sunshine wherever it is or keeping warm and cosy if it's a bit chilly :)

Take care



4 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful finish my dear x

sally said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
This finish is beautiful!
Lovely crochet too.
Happy stitching (:

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Thoeria. Your square is looking good.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Your stitchery is lovely - so exquisite - and good luck with the crocheting.