Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day :)

To all you lovely ladies who celebrated Mother's Day yesterday :) I do hope that you were all spoiled and that you managed to get some time to yourselves to do whatever it was that your heart desired :)

For the past 9 years I have been living in Johannesburg, so normally Mother's Day is spent with my own little ones. This year it was more special as my Mum is still here visiting so we tried to make it a special one for her too :)

Ohhhh....I had meant to do an update on my holiday week.....which seems rather far in the distant past but anyways......

My Mum and Dad married 46 years ago (47 next January)....and for their honeymoon they went to a seaside town (now a major metropolis) along the coast called Durban. They had never returned to the city in all these years, and have always remarked about how much they would love to see the city again. So....we surprised them and that was our destination! They had thought we were going to be hading to some other part of the country....but after getting the bugs's by-in that they wouldn't spill the beans....we headed off on the long road and 6 hours later pulled into Durban. The weather was perfect and we all had a wonderful - albeit short - stay :)


Dad and my youngest bug watching the Ocean
The bugs at Mini Town
The birds at the Umgeni River Bird Park
Eldest bug volunteering at the Bird Show
Me and the bugs at the Japanese Gardens

On the stitchy front there has not been much happening over the last week and a bit....so no pics :( I've been sorting and organising more than actually putting needle to thread! But that will change this week!

Oh...almost forgot to mention....Donna over at By the Bay Needleart is doing a lovely Mystery SAL ...the first part was released on Wednesday (I need to start that this evening!). Interested?? Head on over and join in the fun!

Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!

Take care

5 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet
Happy Mother's Day dear x

Angela P said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Linda said...

Sounds like a fun trip Thoeria. I loved seeing the pics.

Linda

Monique said...

We do down to Durban at least twice a year for a weekend but I admit that I have never been to the miniature park/world. Must definitely do that some time.

Kaisievic said...

Durban looks like a great city. Lovely pics of you and your family and congratulations to your dear parents.