Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June Smalls SAL

Time to show and tell again :)

This month I worked on a few smalls...but can't show the others as...again....exchange pieces.....

But I did make this little pretty by The Drawn Thread.

"Heart Throb" by The Drawn Thread
Stitched on 32 ct "Autumn Blush" Belfast Linen
With DMC threads
This pattern is offered as a freebie on their site....along with lots more :) You can find them here

I enjoyed stitching this tremendously as it involved a few stitches that I've never done before....



The dark rose heart in the centre, is called a cushion stitch heart....and the dark purple one below the light pink satin stitch.....that's made with queen stitches....which I'd never stitched before



That's a slightly better view of the cushion heart. That light pink middle heart is a sprats head heart....the pic doesn't really do it justice...I *really* love the look of that one! And the bottem was stitched using  diagonal short satin stitches. The only heart that I'm not really happy with is the Rhodes Heart that you see on the left in the light purple....it's just too lopsided for my liking.....

Then there was the double faggoting stitch which you won't be able to see as it's around the border and is a light cream that blends with the fabric.

All in all a very satisfying and educational small this month :)

Hope that all's well in the corner of the world you find yourself today :)

Take care


16 comments:

Busy Lizzie said...

beautiful stitching ♥♥♥

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching...
So sweet <3

KimM said...

Very pretty - I found your blog from the Smalls SAL. LOVE it!!
KimM

Sheryl S. said...

This is lovely stitching, I like the different stitches.

Małgorzata Zoltek said...

Piękna praca. Pozdrawiam.

Linda said...

Congrats on the lovely finish Thoeria. I still have about 5 hours left to finish mine.

Linda

Pamela said...

Adorable! Thanks for the link to the free pattern.

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

love the design.. and thank you for the link.. ur stitching is beautiful and neat.. :D

SoCal Debbie said...

Your small finish certainly had lots of specialty stitches this month! Thanks for the link!

Elunia said...

Beautiful stitching :))

Marcy said...

Lovely! The stitches look great.

Gwen said...

Your Small for this month is lovely. A great way to try out some specialty stitches.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely small project.

I ahve stitched a couple of the Drawn Thread freebies and they are great designs, there was a small Love sampler with about 20 different speciality stitches in it!

geeky Heather said...

Very pretty!! You did a fantastic job on your first Queen stitches!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely finish. It's the first time I've seen that design stitched. I printed a copy last year and still haven't stitched it! Maybe I will, now that I've seen yours :)

Terri said...

You did beautifully!! Love it!!