Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A HAED SAL

Hmmmm.......so many acronyms :)

Well.....not that long ago, I was reading on Justine's blog that she was thinking about starting her first HAED...and I thought....well I have a few of the patterns that I've bought and have just never gotten to stitching (sound familiar??)

So I dropped her a note and asked if we could do a SAL :)

There are no rules to this really.....the idea is to stitch as we can and post on the first day of the month ....and as today is the first of the month.....my little smudge.....

HAED - Garden of Delight
Stitched 1 over 1 on 25ct Magic Guide Evenweave
Using DMC threads

A little closer.....not that it makes it look any bigger :D


I figure that there is about 600 stitches done.....now only 184,550 stitches to go .....

Once I finish  those 184,550 stitches...then this is what I'll have...

HAED - Garden of Delight
Artwork by William Morris
Image from HAED website

I think I'll probably get this one done in about 10 years or so ...if I'm lucky! But it really is gorgeous!

Take care





16 comments:

Justine said...

It really is gorgeous! You have done lots judging by the chart. Each one of those magic squares is 400 stitches! So glad to have you as a SAL buddy.

Justine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cucki said...

So beautiful..
Enjoy your sal
Big hugs x

Annie said...

Wonderful start! It's a beautiful pattern. HAEDs are definitely process pieces, and it will be fun to watch yours grow!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

How fun! I'm going to enjoy watching this progress!! You made a great start!!

Tricia

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's a beautiful design. I look forward to watching it grow.

Margie said...

I love William Morris pieces and was glad to see this one. So many of the HAED's are fantasy based that it was nice to see something else represented.

KimM said...

It will be GOR-GE-OUS!! I love William Morris designs.
xxx

Shebafudge said...

Wow! What a pretty design! I have never seen that one before. xx

Busy Lizzie said...

Beautiful design

Linda said...

Awesome new start Thoeria. I have a few HAED's but have never been brave enough to start one.

Linda

Pull the other thread said...

A stunning pattern and a great start. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a great start!

Lauren M said...

Beautiful! I am also stitching a HAED. They take a long time but are so much fun to stitch! Good luck!

Sheryl S. said...

Really lovely design but what a lot of work there and 1 over 1. Keen to see your progress.

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, that sounds familiar, lol. I also have two HAEDs lying around and no time to start the first.
Your choice is so great, one of William Morris' masterpieces. Wonderful.