Monday, July 14, 2014

Busy busyness :)

I've had one of those weekends.....filled with the busyness of being busy :D

Not a lot of stitching taking place....but again spent some time fiddling with the sewing machine...

So...first off ...I made this rather kooky not quite straight and definitely not that perfect project pouch :)

Project Puch large enough to hold the magazine that the chart is in
I had some offcuts from a tablecloth that I had bought and had to modify for my diningroom table (it's really not easy finding tablecloths for an 8 seater ROUND table - so I buy two 6 seaters and sew them together and cut off the excess). I thought that a pouch to store each of the WIPS and UFOs that I have lazing around may be a good idea....and since I have lots of UFOs etc...I reckon by the end of me making a baggie for each project I will be pretty proficient at straight line stitching and inserting a zipper :)

I also spent some time finishing a a couple of my smalls...

Remember this?

January Small SAL

Well I finished it off into a needlecase and it's now this....

Snowflower Diary "Lavender Girl" Needlecase



You may not be able to see from the pic, but I tried to do a little criss cross kinda quilt thing on the back of the base :)

And this one? The cute lil birdie I stitched as my April Small?



Well it's now a lil birdie ornament like this :)




I also finished Block 3 of my Seaside Quilt, and am now waiting to be sent the next 4 blocks in the series.

Block 1 - this is my favourite block 
A lil close-up of the "stamps" and "postmark"

Block 2

Block 3

I like these blocks because...as I'm sure I've mentioned before, they all have simple hand stitching involved and also because they only take me about 2 hours or so to finish!

Hope you all had lovely weekends of crafty busyness :)

Take care


6 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely sewing and great finishes!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Thoeria. I bought a sewing maching a year and half ago and have never taken it out of the box.

Linda

Jenny of Elefantz said...

A bounty of beautiful stitcheries, Thoeria! Love the little cross stitches and how you have finished them, and the stamps are so cute. :-)

Pamela said...

You have been busy! Lovely finishes.

cucki said...

Lovely finishes x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely stitching. The seaside quilt block is gorgeous. Who is it by?