Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Smalls SAL....and lots of news :)

I'm happy to report that my eldest is discharged....back on her feet....a new dosage of meds prescribed....and started back at school yesterday :) So far so good and we'll just continue to monitor her and she'll be back at the neurologist in a month for a check up :) Thanks so much for the comments and mails received .

A huge and heartfelt THANK YOU to Justine - in the midst of the worry about my daughter, Justine sent me this absolutely gorgeous RAK chart by HAED :)

Mini Bookworm Fairy by Hannah Lynn
I can't wait to get her started!

While the month on the whole was disrupted by the unexpected hospital stay, I had managed to stitch my small prior to it....so I'm happy that I at least got that done!

For this month I chose to stitch a biscornu (haven't done one of these for ages!!) and chose to do 2 seperate designs for the top and bottom (or bottom and top - depending on how you look at it :D)

Design by Alita Designs - Traditional Hungarian Motif
Stitched with Overdyed Threadworx on  32 count linen
This freebie design can be found here

For the other side of the biscornu, I stitched a freebie that I received from Janie Hubble Designs

Design by Janie Hubble Designs
Stitched with verdyed Threadworx and DMC on 32 count linen
She offers the design free to all who subscribe to her occassional newsletter. If you'd like to subscribe and receive her design then head on over here.

I also did a bit more on "The Castle" ......


My son, the little cheeky rascal, asked me if he was getting this when he was 18!! I guess he's trying to tell me something...what do you think? :D

To celebrate her birthday, Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe is having another super great give-away. Entries are open until August 14 so head on over here...and have a look see at her latest colours and designs!

I admit - when I worry - I shop.....
Okay....that's not quite the truth.....
I shop whether I'm worried or not! But when I'd heard about the International Quilt Convention that was being held not far from me (the venue was about 25km away from me), and as my eldest was home the weekend and dad had agreed to play babysitter.....I headed off to the show this weekend and spent some quality time de-stressing :)

I mentioned before that I was starting a crazy quilt online class, so I needed to get some supplies for that....right?

Supplies for the CQ class

I changed some of the colour combination for the quilt since I took this pic....
The threads and ribbons are all locally made by "House of Embroideries"
I got some extra threads and some felt...



I also got some of the locally made fabric called "Shwe Shwe". The colours are bright and vibrant and so alive!

Those pink circlre looking things are actually flowers - the photo is just not that great!

The colours of the green and blue remind me of peacocks!

There was also a magazine stand where they had back issues selling at ridiculously low prices!


And of course......some more fabric.....



I could have spent so much more time there......but then I'd have gone home truly bankrupt!

I hope that you've all been having a wonderful week and that you're getting loads done!

Take care

19 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

So glad to hear that your daughter is home and well on the mend now. What a lovely finished project and great work on castle. Love all your beautiful stash.

Pamela said...

Glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Great biscornu and such pretty purchases!

Annie said...

Lovely stitching, great new stash, and most importantly so glad to hear the good news about your daughter!

Elunia said...

Beautiful works, biscornu is lovely.
Greetins from Poland :))

Sheila said...

Love your biscornu, they can be a little addicting. Great supply of goodies!
Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

So glad that your daughter is doing better! I'm glad you took some time to de-stress. It will be fun to see what you'll make in your quilt class.

cucki said...

aww biscornou is so cute...
beautiful stitches and great stash from the quilt show..i came there too..if i know then i can meet you there..
big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sheryl S. said...

A lot of lovely new stash and the biscornu is very pretty.

Maria del Valle said...

Good news, beautiful stitches and shopping!!

Justine said...

Gorgeous new stash! Glad to hear your daughter is back at school and clearly feeling better. Let's hope August is a good month for you all x

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Praise God your girl is recovering! xx
Sweet, sweet stitching...and what a lovely bundle of purchases. :-)

Stitching Noni said...

Hello! Just been catching up on your blog/news.... I am so sorry to hear about your daughter - it is great to hear that she is on the mend now :o)

I must say thank you to you for my beautiful exchange gift that arrived this week. It is absolutely gorgeous :o) Thank you so very much!
Hugs xx

Małgorzata Zoltek said...

Piękne biscornu!

Linda said...

So happy to hear that your daughter is home and doing better Thoeria. Congrats on the cute finish. Love all your new stash.

Linda

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

wow.. I love these new stash.. the colours are just stunning..
and thank you for sharing the link to the biscornu.. I've yet made one.. so this could be something for me to think about.. thank you for taking time to visit my blog too.. ;) big hugs from Singapore

Manuela said...

Your biscornu is beautiful.
Wonderful stitching and new stash.

Greetings, Manuela from Germany

Meari said...

Glad the daughter is on the mend!

Nice finishes :)

And oh, what great stashing you did. :) :) Mind sharing where the online CQ class is?

Mii Stitch said...

Justine has gifted you with the cutest chart ever :) Love the biscornus too!!

Heather said...

I'm glad your daughter is doing better, Thoeria. I hope you are feeling better too.

Your biscornu is just lovely!