Monday, July 21, 2014

What a week.....

This past week has truly been one of those weeks that I wouldn't want a repeat of!

In a previous post I mentioned that my eldest was to be going in for a routine procedure to have her  wisdom teeth removed....not something I'd have wanted her doing but it was affecting her jaw to such an extent that she wasn't able to open her mouth properly. A pretty standard procedure I know.....however with her being an epileptic there was a concern...but needs must so off we went to the hospital at 6am on Tuesday morning. At 9am she was wheeled into the theatre .....and at 11am  the doctor and anesthetistcome walking out of the theatre area and tells me that she had gone into a full seizure after the procedure....and that she had had more than one.....breaking through all the anti seizure meds that they had given her. The neurologist had been called in and she was being moved to the Intensive Care Unit where she would be put into a medical induced coma (heavily sedated) and placed on the ventilators.

Needless to say thereafter I was not exactly fully functional and could only think of my cousin who, just the Friday before then, had had a seizure and passed away thereafer....

The minute she opened her eyes on Friday is amongst the best moments in my life :)

They were going to remove the pipes on Saturday, but then she had another mild seizure the Friday evening and the doctor decided that it would be best to delay that to Sunday. She is now "pipe-free", able to hoarsely mumble a few words, and ate her first meal of soup and jelly. Today will see her moved to a general ward and hopefully she will be discharged from hospital in the next day or 2 :)

No stitching took place over this weekend as it was up and down to the hospital 3 times a day to spend time with her...but I did manage to get some more crochet done on her blanket - she was only allowed 2 visitors at a time so we had to all juggle a bit to get to see her - and her little brother and sister hasn't seen her since last week as they were not allowed into the ward.

This week looks so much brighter knowing that she is on the road to recovery and will be home soon :)

I'm off to catch up on all your lovely blogs now :)

Take care

13 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Oh my Goodness. My heart goes out to you all. What a stressful time you have had. My condolences on the loss of your cousin. It is good to hear that your daughter is on the road to recovery.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Oh, Thoeria! Hugs to you and your daughter! I can't imagine your state of mind from Tuesday through Friday when she opened her eyes. I'm so glad she is doing better.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. My mom passed away two weeks ago, so my heart feels for you even more. Take some time to relax if you can. You've been through a lot emotionally!!

Tricia

Justine said...

So sorry to hear about your family worries. I will remember you all in my prayers xx

Linda said...

Oh my Thoeria. I am so happy to read that she is doing better. Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way.

Linda

cucki said...

You are in my prayers my dear friend..
Big hugs x

Mouse said...

ohh bless her cotton socks ... glad to hear that she is feeling much better and so are you ... (((hugs))) any kind of crafting is soothing to the soul when in distress ... at least with crochet there isn't any reverse stitching ..lol

love mouse xxxx

Angela P said...

That must have been so scary, I am glad to hear that she is doing better :) Hugs to both :)

Annie said...

What an awful thing for you all to have to go through! So sorry it happened, but glad to hear things are better.
Sending best wishes and prayers to you all.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

How upsetting and frightening for you all. Thank goodness she is now doing better. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dolores said...

As a mom, I can imagine what you went through. I'm so glad that your daughter is recovering well. Take time to breathe.

Terri said...

How scary! I'm so glad she's going to be alright! Hugs!

Shebafudge said...

What a horribly worrying time you have had of it. Hope your daughter is well on the mend now.

mysparemoments.com said...

Wishing your daughter a very speedy recovery what a fright you must have gotten. xxx