Thursday, September 4, 2014

HAED progress

So I've spent a little bit of time on my HAED, and while there has been some progress it has not been in leaps and bounds!

So this was where I was last time I posted.....


And this is how far I've come now....

HAED  - Garden of Delight by William Morris
Stitched over 1 on 25ct evenweave
Using DMC threads

As you may notice, I started out stitching across and not parking threads. I then came across this really cool tutorial by Pull The Other Thread....and have given it a go! So now I'm going down the first column - halfway down column one on page one - still a lonnnngggg while to go! Yes it took a bit of getting used to parking the threads, but the tutorial really is so well written and explains the concept so well that it has made the transition to parking while stitching an almost seamless one :)

6 comments:

cucki said...

Looking great
Well done dear xx

Pull the other thread said...

Great work, so glad you enjoyed my tutorial. Some stitchers do say to stitch over the column lines in order to avoid getting line marks between the columns showing on the front. I find that becomes much more noticeable in areas of low confetti so just be careful of that :)

Pamela said...

Great progress!

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress! Good luck :)

Justine said...

Wonderful progress and great tips in this post. You are showing me up!

Linda said...

Great progress Astrid. Do you keep the floss threaded or have to thread each time you use it. That much floss hanging down would drive me crazy.

Linda