Sunday, October 5, 2014

Mega Mini Month Madness Week 1 :)

Would you believe that the first week of October is just about over? I feel as if someone keeps on using some kind of futuristic device that freezes me at the beginning of the month, and then unfreezes me at the end of the month and then I'm like ....."Where did the month go!! I don't remember!!" Have aliens perhaps taken over our time stream? :O :O

Well that's a topic for another conversation!

I've signed up for the Mega Mini Month Madness being hosted by Pull The Other Thread - rules are simple....during the month of October we stitch on any mini project - ornament/card sized littles, and to post our progress once a week throughout the month :) This is the perfect opportunity to get through all those little free kits and other odds! 

So without much further ado...what I've been working on this week....


I first saw this little stitchery on Jenny's blog, and loved what she'd done with the dress. I knew that I'd want to stitch it at some time so this was the perfect opportunity! The original design can be found here, on the blog of Sylvie Blondeau.From getting the design onto fabric to completion took me all of 2 nights (Monday and Tuesday)....now isn't that speedy?!!! I love how quickly stitcheries work up...cross stitching always seem to take so much longer!
I did this on a little bag I had laying around the house....little bug has claimed it as her library bag :)
I also stitched up this little koala bear card kit that came with Issue 249 of Cross Stitcher. The kit came with googly eyes....but I didn't like the effect so did french knots instead!

Issue 249 of Cross Stitcher cover kit
And finished off this sweet lil card, also a free kit, that came with Issue 179 of World of Cross Stitching. 


I've already started the second card that came with this poppy....and will finish off the third one too!


Are you having a lazy Sunday? Or running around doing things? We're planning to take the kids out for lunch in  a few hours....and then we'll probably head to the movies....the kids are on school break this week so we can be out later than usual on a Sunday :)

If you'd like to see what all the other participants of the MMMM have done, then you can find a list of stitchers here.

Have a lovely week all...until the next Mega Mini post!

Take care 

13 comments:

cucki said...

Wow such sweet stitches
I love them all
Hugs xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You have been so busy!! and your work is lovely. Thanks for the links. I'm off to check them all out.

One week gone in October. I need to focus!!
xx, Carol

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Great progress for your first week! I'm with you; how did it get to be October 5 already????

KimM said...

Oh my gosh - lovely, lovely stitching. Love it all.
On to my stitching - you've motivated me ;0)
xxx

Brenda A said...

You are moving along so quickly! I love the little kola card. And the flowers!! :)

Becca said...

Wow, that's a lot of stitching. The bag is amazing.

Linda said...

Congrats on all the cute finishes Thoeria.

Linda

Carol said...

The little girl with her cat is just darling, Thoeria!! Just perfect for a library bag :)

Preeti said...

They are all so cute :) you did lots of stitching .

Sheryl S. said...

Pretty stitching and I love the little girl - must seek out the pattern, just right for a Xmas gift.

Brigitte said...

So lovely, the stitchery on that little bag. No wonder that one of your kids wanted to have it :)

These little cards that come with the British magazines are just great for the mini SAL you joned.

Angela P said...

Love all of your mini projects!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on your minis. I have stitched the three floral cards too.

The bag looks great.