Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mega Mini Month Madness Week 3 :)

It's Week 3 already!! How much fun are you all having with October? Are you preparing to host a Halloween party? Attending one?? Or just stocking up for the little monsters who may be knocking at your door?

I think I've mentioned previously that Halloween is not a big thing here in South Africa, Over the years its definitely being seen more of in the stores, but it's not even half the whoop whoop that probably goes on in the States :) That being said, I have to admit that I'm often tempted to do some ghoulish stitching, and this year I finally succumbed when I came across this Halloween inspired bookmark...

Stitched on 14 count aida with DMC threads
Isn't this just too cute! :) My son loves it and it has the place of honour in the latest "Super Powers" book that we're reading! (Yes..the book with the gory multi-headed monster you see peaking out beneath the bookmark !)
If you'd like to stitch this freebie chart, you'll find it here. She also has a version that replaces the pumpkin with a little spook :) Oh ....and quite a few charts that you may also enjoy stitching!

My next finish for the week is still in keeping with the pumpkin theme....it's not *quite* Halloween but does feature a crow and a pumpkin :) Thus....in my mind.....Halloween!

Stitched on 32 count Belfast linen with DMC threads
This lovely design is offered free by Teresa of "Crocettandofra le pesti". She has so many lovely designs. Just drop her your email address in the comments section on the chart that intersts you, and she mails them to you. Like I said...she has a quite a few designs so I;m sure you'll find something that would tweek your interest :)

It's been another busy but wonderful weekend out here :) In between karate practises, parties, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Math tuition and school play practises...I managed to get some stitching done and splice the knuckle of my ring finger on my left hand open.....a gorgeously deep cut all the way down ...I think it's to the bone but hubby assured me it's not. It's throbbing like a doozy right now....and nice and swollen too.....hubby said it may need stitches but I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Who stitches up a knuckle anyway??!

Well I'm off to get some paracetemol ...or some such that may deaden thepain a bit and let me get an hours stitching in.....Have a lovely evening all :)

Take care




10 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my goodness Thoeria. How did you manage to cut your finger there. You better have it looked out.
Congrats on the adorable finishes.

Linda

Preeti said...

Oh! I can understand the pain. I got cut last week with sewing machine needle. Take care. It will subside after some time.
Your finishes are very pretty:) Halloween is not popular in India as well but as we connect globally so people do know, especially kids, they go for trick n treat etc.

Mouse said...

I won't ask how you did it but it does sound like you may need a stitch if it is that deep ouchie ....
love the stitching and the freebies thanks :)
hope you have a good stitchy week with no accidents ! love mouse xxxxx

Pamela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela said...

Hope you heal quickly. Nice stitching!

cucki said...

Hope you feel better soon dear
Big hugs xx

Pull the other thread said...

You poor thing. I hope that wound heals up quickly. Lots of lovely stitching.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGOSH! I HATE those knuckle cuts. They take so long to heal. I burned my knuckle a month ago and it is still red and scabbed.

I really like your projects. I'm crazy for crows so I'm off to check out your link.
xx, Carol

Brenda A said...

What a cute bookmark! And the crow & pumpkin are pretty great too!

OUCH! I hate when that happens to my fingers too. I am so glad that my job went paperless, because I would get paper cuts allllll the time before (esp in the winter when my skin was dry). Hopefully it'll heal quickly for you!

Brigitte said...

A Halloween bookmark, how cute is this. A great idea. And yes, Teresa's patterns are really beautiful. Nice finish!

I hope that cut on your left hand will heal soon.