Monday, November 17, 2014

IHSW & Mail....wonderful mail!

Did you all have good weekends? :) Did you hermit? Or go our and do fun stuff?  Or was is just a plain old "blech" weekend?

I actually had a bit of it all this weekend! Let's see....the little buggies had a bit of a tummy bug so Friday and Saturday were spent trying to cheer them up....inbetween trying to stitch too!
And Sunday was a bit of a fun day! I got to have a massage.....we went to the movies ( watched Tarzan)....and ofcourse I stitched!

Remember this?


That I had unpicked and restarted?
Well I had done  some work on it last week, so at the start of the weekend I had this......
Believe me....the fabrics are the exact same....the first is just a really shoddy pic!

Anyhoo.....I'm pleased to say that there was progress this weekend! (yes another shoddy pic....sorry!)

"Sunflowers in Summer" by CCN
Stitched on 30 ct WDW linen - "cocoa"
using recommended threads

I will have another finish from my 2012 CJC by the end of this year! 

Oh! And I almost forgot....Friday is kind of part of the weekend! And after almost 3 months of an empty post box....I had mail!!!! WHOOPEEEE!!!!!!!
You see....our wonderful postal service has been on strike for ....hmmm....it's now in it's 4th month! Most frustrating!! BUT! I got some of my long awaited bits.......

All of this........


And hidden in these little packages were these...


In September (yes that long ago!), I got chosen to be #41 to stitch the Travelling Pattern "Count your Blessings" by Shakespeare's Peddler. Gillie, very kindly included the second chart....sorry I seem to be having a spate of bad pic taking, but the chart is "Blooms of Spring" by Hands to Work :)

The rest of the little packages are all ebay purchases made in August....

Lovely fabric trims lace and stuff!


My set of crochet hooks!!!

I'm a happy little bunny :) 
There's still quite a few things that's out in the land of post....so I'll be watching my box until I know that it's all here!

Now....I know that I'm trying to wittle down my WIPS and shouldn't be signing up for anything new....but I couldn't help myself....I tried not to...I did! But....I am weak willed and have no discipline...sooooo.....I have signed up to participate in Donna's (from "By The Bay Needleart") year long block of the month. It's an absolutely gorgeous design that Donna has designed and will be releasing over the 12 months of 2015. You really do need to head over to her blog and read all about it and see this beauty yourself!

And as a final note....have you headed over to Nancy's ? She has some really really lovely give-aways planned - from hand dyed linen  or aida(three chances to win!), to  floss and trims, charts and a gift voucher  or two to her ebay store! Do yourself a huge favour and head over and enter them :)
In addition to the give-aways, she is also offering some really super savings...check them out here

I hope you all have a lovely week!

Take care

12 comments:

Caitlin D said...

You've gotten quite a bit done! And yay for mail!!! I feel like happy-dancing for you. :-)

homeschooljewelrymom said...

I hope your little buggies are feeling better. Nice stitching. Glad to see you finally received your goodies in the mail. Take care :-)

Kaisievic said...

Great progress and great stash enhancement, Thoeria. And don't worry, we are all weak when it comes to new designs!

Kaisievic said...

Oh my goodness, Thoeria, I just went and checked out the By the Bay SAL and you are right, it is stunning! I just NEED to do it! But I already have so much on already! Aaaghhh! Why are you doing this to me - lol! As I just told you we are all so weak when a lovely new design comes along!

Linda said...

Lovely new start Thoeria. You have received a bunch of lovely mail.

Linda

Bea said...

Great new stash. Really like the design you're working on.

Preeti said...

Good progress on your stitching ! You have got some lovely stash. Good luck with your block SAL:)

Mii Stitch said...

Fabulous progress on your stitching! Lovely new stash ;) Must have felt like Christmas!

Justine said...

Hurray for the post! I don't know how you coped for so long. Your Sunflowers are looking lovely my dear. I have resisted that SAL so far...don't tempt me!

Gillie said...

And not before time! What a long time to wait for mail but how nice to get it finally!

Sally said...

Hello

I found your blog through Justine's.
Your stitching is lovely and gorgeous post too!
Have a good weekend x

rosey175 said...

YAY you got your hooks!! I bet it was so much fun opening them all at once. That fabric is so cute eeeee. I'm curious as to what sizes your steel hooks ran since mine weren't quite what was advertised!

Good luck with your SAL; I'd be 873 by the time I finished something that big, o yes I would.