Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mega Mini #4 & Smalls SAL

Unlike last month's MMMM (hosted by Justine this month!) where I focussed exclusively on minis and stitched something extra for the Smalls SAL, I decided that for this month I'd focus on a mini/small that was bundled in my "Box of Shame" - that dark place I hide my UFOs so as not to be haunted by their pitiful cries!

I am absolutely ecstatic  about being able to cross another project off my list of pre-2014 WIPS/UFOs!

A drum roll if you please for my absolutely gorgeous little piece ! :D
Yes yes...I know we aren't supposed to call our own pieces gorgeous and that normally we focus on the fact that we miscounted ....but I am so happy about this little piece that I've decided to overlook the fact that the beads are not quite where they are supposed to be and that I didn't quite do the whip stitch as it should have been and I used 2 threads for one set of stitches when I should have used 1...and etc etc etc :D

I'm just going to bask in it's tiny glory and be happy :)


"Colonial Roses" Biscornu by The Sweetheart Tree
Stitched on 32 count Rue Green Belfast Linen
Using DMC Floss

A view of the side :)

Little piece of loveliness :)

Now....before I forget...Nancy has listed some more giveaways .....
- 30 skeins of her gorgeous Sampler Floss here
- Another choice....linen aida or floss here! How do you decide??!
- A surprise gift specially selected by Nancy here

There's still some time to enter any or all of her give-aways, so don't delay!

To those who celebrate Thanksgiving, have a wonderful day :)

Take care

13 comments:

Caitlin D said...

OOOO! I want one. I've been eyeballing this design but I've never made one before. I love it and it is gorgeous. You're allowed to be in love. ;-)

Pamela said...

Beautiful finish!

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Thoeria.

Linda

Heather said...

Of course we can think our own stitchings are gorgeous! And yours is :)

Preeti said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish, Theoria! :) You have all rights to call it gorgeous:)

Mouse said...

love your wee piece of loveliness and the way we do are pieces are unique to us ....after all no one is perfect so although we do strive to make them as perfect as can be those little hic-ups are just right for them :)
if it doesn't offend the eye then leave them in ...lol love mouse xxxxx

Justine said...

Well it looks perfect to me and you should be proud of it! Well done too on your four posts for MMMM and some great work - you're in the draw!

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic finish!! It looks perfect to me, well done :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't cross stitch, but I sure love to look at yours!!
xx, Carol

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

It turned out beautifully!!!! Good for you!

rosey175 said...

Mistakes, what mistakes?! They're PERSONALITY ADDITIONS. ;D

It's so cute in all its tiny glory! I always love to see what buttons people put in the middle ahaha.

I know how you feel about the choice of fabric/floss! Eep. I think I would wind up choosing linen since I've never had the opportunity to really work with it!

Sheryl S. said...

You are quite right, this really has turned out gorgeous. beautiful stitching

homeschooljewelrymom said...

It's gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing it. That was very clever to combine the two SALs.