Saturday, November 15, 2014

Mega Mini Movember #2

Well well.... Another week of November down! And it's been a fairly unproductive one this end of the planet!

As I may have previously mentioned, I stitch at night... which means that I need extra lighting. I have a standing lamp that I use a daylight globe with and it works perfectly for me. Well...I should say worked! It decided that it had had enough of my late night shenanigans and made a strange crackling sound (nearly wet myself in fright when it did that!!) before spewing forth a cough of smoke! So no lamp >(

I eventually couldn't any longer and went to get a small one on Wednesday. It's not what I wanted but it sheds sufficient light to let me stitch.

And this is what I've done on the mini...

Colonial Rose Biscornu by The Sweetheart Tree
stitched on 32 count Rue Green Belfast linen
with recommended threads


Top all finished... beaded and all :)
I'll get started on the bottom half next week

It's IHSW this weekend so I've been working on my second piece for the month. Hopefully I'll get some of that done too!

If you're hermitting then do have fun!

Take care

11 comments:

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your light. That would have scared me, too. Your progress so far is beautiful; good luck with the rest.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

So sorry about your lamp. That's always disappointing when that happens! Your stitching is beautiful, though!!

Caitlin D said...

What a beautiful biscornu. I am enjoying my hermit weekend as well!

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Thoeria. Sorry about the lamp.

Linda

Pamela said...

I love the biscornu! I look foreard to seeing it put together.

Preeti said...

Your stitching is looking very nice, you will soon complete the remaining half too in the new lamp:)
Enjoy your IHSW ! I have relatives coming over dinner so it's just cleaning and cooking time for me.

Justine said...

Beautiful biscornu, even without your stitching lamp. How scary! I have a small LED stand lamp from a certain swedish store and it's enough for my needs but I suggest you need a shopping trip.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Very pretty. You do alot of delicate looking designs.

rosey175 said...

Eek I would've freaked out, jumped out of my chair and ran to the other side of the room! Then, like a cat, approach cautiously and poke gently (my luck, I'd get zapped anyway). Maybe if someone is so inclined, it just needs rewired? They usually sell the little kits at hardware stores!

Your biscornu is lovely, can't wait to see the bottom of it :D. Is the center space gonna get a fancy button?

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful biscornu!!!
Hope you new light behave :)

Carol said...

How pretty--love those colors! So sorry about the lamp--sounds just like what happened to my oven a few days ago (and it's a week before Thanksgiving!)...