Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mega Mini November!

Have you signed up for this month's MMMM? Our lovely hostess this month is Justine :)

Last month was a great success, and saw me having 11 mini finishes - 5 cards, 3 bookmarks; 2 small pillows and a fob :)

Of course I worked exclusively on minis - which meant no progress on my HAED...or Castle...or any of the oher pieces whose pitiful cries begging to be taken out of the UFO box has been steadfastly ignored...

So this month will see me tackling minis in a slightly different manner. I have  one or two small pieces in my UFO box that I'll be dusting off....starting with this piece




I started this piece way back in 2012 ....the year "Mad Stitcher Disease" struck and I signed up to participate in the Crazy January Challenge...... 
I put in the first few stitches as you see above and that was that......this poor  piece has been languishing in the dark recesses of the "Box of Shame" waiting for it's moment to shine!

I know it doesn't look like much here....but like a butterfly, this ugly duckling will metamorphasise into a gorgeous swan before the end of this month....and I'll have one more finish to knock off that list on the right! Can you guess what this piece is? :D

I've taken another piece from my box to work on this month....


I've frogged this bit though.....Decided that I didn't want to start here so essentially this piece will be done from scracth. I *think* I should be able to get this done during the month too! Fingers crossed!

I'll be back with some progress shots on my mini and some more details on what it is pretty soon :)

Take care

10 comments:

Preeti said...

Great start!! Can't wait to see the finish.

Mii Stitch said...

Have fun!

Brenda A said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing a butterfly! And that is a door... so maybe a house?!

Angela P said...

Sounds like a great idea and lots of fun!

Justine said...

Eleven finishes?! I thought I'd done well with nine. I can't guess what your 2012 piece is but what a great idea to pull out a UFO!

Linda said...

Love both the projects you pulled out of the "box of shame" Thoeria.
(Need to borrow that phrase.)

Linda

cucki said...

have fun dear x

Jacquie Morris said...


Your new stitch looks interesting, cute little door :)
I took a look at your mini stitches.. GOSH! They are lovely!
Happy stitching
Smiles :)

Sheryl S. said...

Any start on UFOs is a good start. especially at this time of year. I´m not even going to peek into my UFO drawer, let alone open it. nice mini stitches.

rosey175 said...

It's a... umm... SQUARE! And the second one is a rectangle! See, I knew I knew everything. The first seems so very square; is it the biscornu? /shots in the dark

I feel like my pattern hoard is my "box of shame" LOL. Every stitch we make needs to add on 20 years or so just to make a dent!