Monday, December 29, 2014

A drum roll and cymbal crash if you please!!

As I have one last whoop-dee-doooo finish to celebrate!!!

Yes I do!! I do!!! And it's not a little finish either :P (okay...it's not HAED  sized....but well it did take me a while!)

I present to you.....in all it's splendour ....King of the Castle!!

King of the Castle by Jenny Barton
Featured in WOCS Issue 187
Stitched using DMC threads and metalics
on 28 ct evenweave
Yes I know it's a rather tatty pic,.....I haven't mastered the art of taking stunning pics :P

Here's a little close up of the part my son thinks is so cool.....the creepy eyes (his words!)


He's a very happy chappy....now just have to get it to the framer!

I've been home these past two weeks with the kiddies and we've certainly been doing loads! From movies to swimming....tree climbing and paintballing (ok...I didn't climb the tree or shoot....that's what their dad does :D I just go along for the drive!)....fishing and relaxing!

Hope you're all enjoying your holidays....stay safe!

Take care

24 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Congrats on the finish, it looks fantastic. Sounds like you all are having a splendid time.

Caitlin D said...

Such a cute finish! The picture is wonderful by the way. :-) Glad to hear you're having a great time.

Ruth said...

Congratulations! A finish is a finish, but I for one vote this a BIG finish. Many, many congratulations. And the creepy eyes are very cool. :)

Pamela said...

Great finish! I can see why your son thinks it is cool.

Justine said...

Congratulations! That's definitely a big finish in my book. Love the creepy eyes. Sounds like you've had a lovely Christmas.

Mouse said...

wahhhhh hooooo ... well done ... love those creepy eyes :) love mouse xxxx

Linda said...

Congrats on the so cute finish Thoeria. I love it.

Linda

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Woo hoo! Shooting off fireworks for you! That's a fabulous finish. Congratulations! Glad to hear you've had lots of fun with the kiddos, too; that's important :-)

Preeti said...

Congrats on the finish!! It's looking very cute :)
Glad to know that you are enjoying your time with your family:)

Shebafudge said...

What a lovely finish. I like the creepy eyes too! It sounds like you have had a
great Christmas break with the children.

Christine said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish

Manuela said...

Wonderful finish.
I wish you a Happy New Year.

Greetings, Manuela

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations on the finish, Theoria. I agree with your son, the eyes are creepy but so effective. It's great that you are able to have a long break with your family.

Angela P said...

Congrats on the finish! Love the creepy eyes too :) Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Congratulations--what a fun finish!!

Wishing you and your family every happiness in the new year :)

Rachel Tomkins said...

Your latest finish is gorgeous and I'm so glad your son likes it. Now to see it framed! :)

Neilteil said...

Congrats! It looks terrific! Happy New Years!

Sheryl S. said...

Oh, this is a lovely design, so pretty. Love the eyes too

SilverCuteDwarf said...

Congrats! Nice picture :-)
Happy New Year!!!

rosey175 said...

Yay a finish~ :D My favorite is definitely the guy offering a rose to the dog and bone. True romance right there. And you should totally be out climbing trees though, what sort of crazy person doesn't climb trees. Tsk tsk tsk! :b

Brigitte said...

Oh Thoeria, this is fantastic. It's finished and it's looking so great. Congratulations!
Enjoy the holidays with your family, I'm sure you'll find some time to squeeze some nice stitching in between family activities.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on you final Happy Dance of 2014. This is such a fun design. The creepy eyes are rather cool too.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Thoeria, a great finish- I love any design that is castle related and this one looks great!

Sally said...

Hello Theoria
Congrats on your finish and Happy New Year x