Monday, December 8, 2014

Really??!!!

I mean really honestly and truely!! How frustrating !!!

I've been working on this piece during the week.....

Sunflowers in Summer
I've managed to get quite a bit along the way......



So what exactly has me frustrated?
Well.....let me explain (I'll try to be brief!)

I purchased the supplies for this about 3 years ago.....along with a load of other bits and bobs....as it was one of the pieces I had chosen to stitch in the 2012 CJC. Being the bright crayon in the box.....I didn't exactly think that I may have needed more than 1 skein. And the pattern doesn't give an indication anywhere about how much you'd need either.....
So.....my dilema.....I am about out of the green...and need another skein.,
So....online I go to purchase ONE skein of Baby Spinach....as this is all I need......
And I find it.....One skein is about $2 at most of the shops.....BUT would you believe me when I say that  every single one of them wants to charge me about $7 to post???? Really????? ONE skein???? How much does ONE skein weigh that they are charging me three times the cost in postage???? Surely even costing in the envelope to place said skein into.....$7???!!!!!!

As Gentle Arts is an overdye, and I've already done the bottom lettering and swirls in it, I'm left with the dilema of either ripping out the lettering and using a DMC substitute, or just leaving it until I get an order together that would justify this ridiculousness.....
Let's hope brother gives me a voucher for my birthday in Jan......then I can get some bits !

Now.....enough of the ranting.......

As KimM was the only stitcher who indicated that she'd love the TP, I'm happy to say that it'll be back on it's way to the USA soon! 

Hope you all had wonderful weekends :)

Take care



17 comments:

Sheryl S. said...

That is very expensive, best to order several colours they would probably charge more or less the same for postage. We don´t have Gentle Arts here but I´m sure another blogger can help you out.

Pull the other thread said...

Oh that is so annoying. Sorry to hear that! It's a lovely piece though.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't have many greens. I searched to no avail to find the color number you need. Let me know and I'll check my colors.
xx, Carol

Sally said...

That is so expensive post and packaging! No wonder you're annoyed!
It's a very pretty wip x

Heather said...

Holy cow that's ridiculous! I'd probably wait and buy more stash at the same time.

Preeti said...

It's always like that with postage. I usually wait until I come up with some more requirements else I use a nearest matching shade. Now I don't think much and change shades if the picture is not a portrait .

Kaisievic said...

Now, that is just ridiculous! Good luck with getting the thread. Ooh, I must have missed the post about the TP, I will have to go stalk Kim now - lol!

homeschooljewelrymom said...

That's ridiculous! I've seen that many times with other companies. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I'd hate to see you have to rip out all that hard work. Good luck!

Mii Stitch said...

This is so pricey indeed!!! I would unpick and change colour for a cheaper alternative :) It looks lovely though! xx

Rachel Tomkins said...

How frustrating for you. I hope there is a kind stitcher out there who can offer you the thread you need (and only for the price of a stamp!) :)

RuthB said...

What threads do you need. I can get them for you and mail them no problem.... well, possibly one problem---that Sampler Threads change dye lots radically. We'll cross our fingers.

How about you email me: rbe hling 1916 at ya hoo dot com (no spaces and with the usual format) and include a pic of the threads you need so I can see how close I can get. I will be at my shop this Sunday (14th), then out of town until January.

rosey175 said...

I might be a little cheeky and email the company asking if they're really charging that much for a single skein... although I imagine it's that much so that people justify spending even more money. Bah! HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

Otherwise I'd wait patiently for the world to come to its senses or find it on eBay lulz. I hate hate hate picking out and I'd rather be stubborn about getting "the right color"!~ Good luck :D

Angela P said...

Postage is ridiculous for me too! The other problem you may have is dye lot not matching.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I know exactly what you mean, Theoria. Postage can be so expensive. Like others, I try to do a bulk order to justify the postage but that's little consolation when you want or need something now.

Brigitte said...

Like you and many other stitchers I know this problem all too well. That's why I have decided to lean more and more on DMC threads because I have them all and I love the look of them just as much as the look of the overdyed threads. I hope another stitcher could help you out.

Shebafudge said...

Have you sorted one out yet? I am sure I have some upstairs. I will check in the morning and see.

Stitching Noni said...

Oh my goodness, that is outrageous! Postage is on the increase around the world.... I just had a look on my LNS's website and they sell the particular thread for $5Aus, but not sure what the postage would be to SA... I tend to stick with DMC now for most of my stitching even though the over dyed threads add something special to a piece!
Good luck....
All the best for 2015!
Hugs xx