Sunday, January 11, 2015

YOTA ~ Jan 2015

I know.....it's the first YOTA post of the year and I'm late :(
So sorry.....I promise that future posts will be on time!
This great SAL is being hosted by Pull the Other Thread

I am really hoping to make 2015 the year of UFO busting....and I'm not off to too great of a start.....
I had hoped to get some stitches into this piece.....

"Woodland Enchantress" by Dimensions Gold
Stitched on 16ct dove grey aida
With threads as supplied in kit

Alas this was not to be as I've been feverishly stitching on  the Alphabet Learner. My boss and his wife are expecting their first child in the first week of February and I'd like to get this piece completed and gift it to them. I had started this piece a few years back, intending it to be for my youngest, but as she's way past learning the alphabet and I had been wondering what to do with it if I finished it....I got to thinking that this must be the reason I've never finished it sooner.....it is meant to go as a gift to this new baby :) shhhhhhh.......just accept that as the reason.....




I'm left with the last line .....V W X Y Z

Yes....before some observant reader notices.....I still need to finish U, but as I've been stitching on it since taking those pics, I'm not counting it as a need to be finished letter.

Thereafter it's definitely Woodland Enchantress.....this is going to be mine!

I've been watching quite a few of you with your January Crazy starts :) You're all doing so good!

Have a great week all!

Take care

10 comments:

Rachel Tomkins said...

I'm glad this piece will be finding a good home. It's so beautifully bold and colourful.
You'll probably be forgiven for YOTA - you're not the only person to post late and we all understand how getting back into a routine in the New Year isn't easy. :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Both lovely projects! Good luck with crossing off some of those old wips off your list this year :)

Pull the other thread said...

Don't worry about posting late for YOTA I was late too and I'm the host!! I have Woodland Enchantress in my stash so I will be following your updates with excitement. The alphabet looks great and it fantastic you have someone to gift it to.

Linda said...

I'm still loving the alphabet. How awesome that you have someone to give it to Thoeria.

Linda

Preeti said...

The alphabets are cute!! :) it's lot of stitching .
It's nice to know that you have such a good boss that you are making so much effort for him:) I had good and bad bosses in the past but none as good to spend my very little extra time to make a gift for his family. And usually we used to give gift on behalf of the team. I had 95 members in my team so we collected more than enough money always :)

Ruth said...

Totally perfect and OBVIOUS reason you didn't finish it then! Of course!!!!! I'm with you 110%! :) Good luck with thtose UFOs -- I'd like to bust a few myself this year.... like 12-- at that rate I'd be done with mine in oh, 5-6 years! lol

Heather said...

I'm looking forward to Woodland Enchantress. It was a kit I was debating buying but then I discovered Tilton Crafts charts :)

Brigitte said...

This alphabet is a wonderful piece and so good that you found a good reason to finish it :) And great stitching on the Enchantress. I can understand that you want to get back to her - I always long to get back to one of my big projects and stitch on it.

rosey175 said...

How nice that the piece will see a new home and of course that is the reason for it being unfinished! And you're still crossing a UFO off the list even if it's not quite the one you expected to do. :D I like the goofy little kitty who I am sure did not steal that ball of yarn from an ongoing project.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You've put alot of work into the alphabet design.