Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I tried.....

I really had every intention of hermitting this weekend past.....I really had! But then ....as it sometimes does.....life interfered with my plans!

There was my Saturday morning 5km run....which is not too much of an issue as I have been doing it for the past few weeks...
Have  I mentioned that I've started running?? It's such great fun! Well....I don't run the full 5 kilometres but I do try! I registered with a group called Parkrun....they have these runs all over the world so if you're interested you can check and see if they have one near you :)

Anyway.....so I ran......(taking a bit of a brag now.....check my times below! Not great but not too bad either!!)

After the run it was off to the eldest's school to help out at the Fun Day .....and thereafter I just couldn't bring myself to stitch......a nap was called for!!

Sunday was Mommy Day :) I'd forgotten that we had planned it.....
Once a month I join 2 of my pals for a lunch....which normally goes over about 5 hours :D It's a chilloout day when we just chat about nonsense and eat.....boy ....do we have fun! We choose a different restuarant each month and try new things and basically have a Kiddy Free Day :)
Desserts were yummmmmm

Creme Brulle
Tripple chocolate mousse
Baked lemon cheescake with berries


And after those desserts I thought I'd try my hand baking some Anzac cookies! Jenny had kindly posted a link to a recipe on her blog.....and they looked so scrummy I wanted to try them. And they were delicious!! I'll be baking them again.....maybe less sugar for me as I don't normally take sugar ....but they were delicious and the kids polished them off!

Yummy Anzac cookies :)

So you see.....I couldn't stitch this weekend!!

I did receive 2 packages in the mail though!! Yay!!

Silly....I thought I'd taken a pic of the magazines but I haven't ....
I'd ordered some back issues of the Australian Magazine "Inspirations" from my favourite online Aussie store, Colours Down Under. Jo had sent this off to me way back in September last year.....

Posted 16 September 2014!!

And the Halloween chart that I'd won in Nancy's giveaway also got here .....

My Witch's Brew by Nancy Turner (Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe)

Posted November 4, 2014


I must admit that having these packages pop up like they do has been rather fun....they're like surprise lucky packets as I have forgotten what's in most of them :)

And to those who may have wondered if my son's cap ever surfaced......well it did.....last week Friday......BUT he's blazer was hijacked on the same day ....there's just no winning is there?? He had been playing soccer and when he got back to the stand his blazer was gone and another one left in it's place. There's no name in it so no way to contact the parent....so he'll have to wear this one until I go get him a new one.... The joys of boys hey!

Hope you are all having fantastic weeks!! I'll be back soon with the SFS update!

Take care

12 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Well done on your running. You've really knocked off some time since your first logged run.

Carol said...

Your monthly Mommy Day sounds like such fun!! Wish I'd have thought of something like that when I was a young mother...

And keep up the great job with your running--sounds like you'll need to be in good shape chasing after that son of yours and his missing items :)

Caitlin D said...

Wonderful job on your running. Those desserts look scrumptious. My mouth is literally watering.

Yay for finally receiving packages, that is way too long to wait. I have trouble waiting a full week for things to arrive...

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Still sounds like a wonderful, fun-filled weekend, Thoeria :-) Congrats on your times! They are amazing. I have complete respect for anyone who runs (not happening in my lifetime!). Those cookies look delish!

Preeti said...

Your mommy day sounds fun:) I had earlier done this occasionally on Sundays with my neighbour friends but that was long back. May be I should try again with new neighbours. Your cookies look yummy!!
I had so much wanted those 'Inspirations' magazines too when I used to drool over their lovely images on their website :) but then the shipping cost were crazy and I had given up the idea of splurging ;) but we all are really good at spreading the infection so I am going to have a look again at the store and keep on doing so for few days until the obsession with it ends again:)

Brigitte said...

Those packages don't stop to come in now, do they? I bet there are things in them you nearly had forgotten about, lol. But lucky you that they weren't completely lost in the postal nirwana.

Nice get-together with your friends. And wow, do these deserts look awesome. This alone would be a reat reason to meet.

Great success on your runs!

Brigitte said...

... No, not eating desserts in the desert, lol. Sometimes my thoughts are much faster than my fingers.

Justine said...

I love the idea of mum's days out! Your desserts look delicious. Well done on your reduced running times, you're doing really well.

Meari said...

Certainly sounds like you've been busy... and having lots of fun. :) Desserts look yummy!

Sheryl S. said...

Fun weekend. Great way to keep fit if you like running - I do not - and the girlie get together just what we all need. Going to try the cookie recipe as I make weekly batches for our café and they look yummy.

KimM said...

WOW! What an accomplishment with your running. I used to run, but now that' I'm older, my knees and back scream at me when I run, so I humor them and don't - HA! Lovely packages from the postman. DOn't you just LOVE him/her??
hugs
xxx

rosey175 said...

Ewww, running! I run too (in weather that allows it -- NEVER winter, too much pain) but I can never seem to enjoy it as much as other outdoorsy activities. I could probably ride a bike to the moon and back though. :D

That creme brulle looks so yummy. I recently had my first one this past summer and was immediately hooked.

The anzacs look interesting, like a no-bake oatmeal chocolate cookie. MORE SUGAR. :D :D :D

Love how your packages are trickling in. Surprise Christmas with each one!