Friday, February 27, 2015

SFS February 2015



Month : February
Spent: Zero
Earned: Not going to track - will try to remain within the $25 budget!
Carried forward: $50

Subscription not included in Budget: Serenity Harbour SAL $6
                                             Sew & Stitch Magazine $15

I had forgotten last month to declare my subscription to "Sew & Stitch" Magazines . This is not Cross stitch specific so not sure if I should be putting it here, but as it's a subscription I've had since last year I guess it doesn't much matter, does it?

If you're wondering what SFS is all about, head on over to Mel's blog and read all about it :)

With orders from last year still flowing in, the urge to splurge has been all but crushed :) That being said, I think we all know that stash buying isn't always about needing anything!! I'm convinced its a ....I want to say disease but the word just sounds so harsh! So I''ll say.....affliction? Whatever you wish to call it, suffice to say that very often we don't need the items ......we covet it....want it for some future project...and then we get seduced by the next piece of loveliness we see! If we were men and stash were women....we'd be married/in a different relationship every week HA! :D

With my fabric for the Serenity Harbour getting here (atlast) I could make a start with it. I'm not quite done with Part 1 but had a bit of a bumpy start....I had stitched the second flower in its entirety only to find that I had miscounted and had to frog the flower and vine! (I had to remind myself there is a reason why the saying "Count Twice Stitch Once"is there!)



I've changed pretty much every colour in the design....and actually had to redo rose 1 as I wasn't happy with the first colour choice.

I think my substitutions are rather pretty :) I don't much like pink roses so this peachy colour worked better for me :)

I've also been stitching on Enchantress....pics to follow in my YOTA update :)

Oh oh!! I've been meaning to post a pic of this forever!!!! (Forever being since I finished it in the first week of January of course :D



This is my first ever crochet blankie.....it's a giant granny square that I did with 2 colours I had in my stash. It's kinda lopsided and not quite square....or rectangular......but I'm rather pleased with it :) It's my eldest bug's ......now to start my son's one....hopefully he'll have his by next year winter :D

Have you been having fun? Keeping away from the white stuff that seems to be around in your part of the world? It's still relatively hot here and the kids are swimming most days....not sure how much longer though...I'm starting to feel a slow chill creep into the mornings....

Have a fantastic weekend all :)

Take care

14 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching and excellent work on the beautiful crochet blanket :)

Linda said...

Pretty start Thoeria. Congrats on finishing your first crochet blanket. It looks great.

Linda

Justine said...

Lovely start, I like the peachy roses. Well done for staying in budget! Your crochet blanket looks fabulous. I like crochet but always lose count when I try it.

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Great job on another zero spend month! Ah, to have that discipline.. I definitely have a stitchy disease. Must have all the the charts!! I love your stitching progress; it looks wonderful. YAY for your first crochet blanket finish!! It's beautiful.

cucki said...

Lovely and so beautiful my dear xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely stitching and crocheting. I like your colour choices for Serenity Harbour. Miscounting is so frustrating. Even after 4 or 5 counts, I can still miscount at times!

Preeti said...

Congrats on your first crochet blanket !! The peach roses are looking pretty:)
We aren't much following weather here just the Cricket World Cup and my daughter's exams in between are the main highlights these days :)

rosey175 said...

Yay for a new start! I don't much like all-pink roses either, give me a peace rose any day!

Congrats on finishing your blanket!!! I have yet to attempt one mainly because we have millions of blankets in this house lol. My granny squares are never straight unless I would block them. Crooked is creative, right?! :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the zero spend again. I know what you mean about the temptation to spend and then finding something even better the next month! I find my wish list is useful for this, I put it on the list and then feel like I own it already!

Your roses look lovely in these colours.

Deb said...

I love to call stash aquiring a happy hobby. For that is a hobby all it's own!
Well done on the budget!
You Harbor looks great!

Meari said...

Great job on SFS! I really like your crocheted blanket. :)

Brigitte said...

Well done on last month's challenge. But I can see that the urge to order something isn't so very urgent when you are still getting your orders from last year, lol. I wouldn't call buying stash a disease either. For me everything that has to do with cross stitch is more of a passion, also stash buying. And sometimes we have to support the digners, too, don't we? Lol.
Great start on the By the Lake mystery.

Ruth said...

Oh good show! Serenity is looking lovely and that granny square blankie is beautiful! Congrats.