Saturday, February 14, 2015

So sweet :)

Hubby and I don't make much of a fuss over Valentines Day....even when we dated it has never much featured on our calendar. And this year was no different....for us. But for a little boy it certainly was a day unlike any other . Let me explain.....

I don't think that I've ever mentioned that my son attends an all boys school.....so his interaction with girls is rather limited. We have a few friends with daughters and then of course his sisters :)

Let me get to the point......ok......on Friday evening his school held a Valentine's picnic ......the school choir sang and they had some talented violinists playing....a really lovely evening.

That afternoon I went to pick my son up at school as normal....and when I got there I was  rather annoyed at him as he had lost his school cap. The school has rather strict rules around uniform....and all boys *have* to wear their cap every day...along with Blazers.....no matter the weather! And as I'd just purchased the cap a month back I was ....needless to say....rather ticked off. So we walked back to the car with me scolding at him....and he blithely telling me he'll wear his old cap on Monday......
After putting his bag in the trunk of the car, he got into the car holding something blue in his hands and I thought " awwwww....I'm scolding him and he has gone and got his Mum something for valentines!" Not so!!! When I asked him what it was....he just looked at me calmly and said....oh....I bought this for Zara (Zara is a little girl that he was at nursery school with and I'm still friends with her mum -they were joining us that evening at the picnic).  He then proceeded to tell me that he was starving - he had used all of his lunch money to buy her the gift ( normally the kids take a packed lunch, but on a Friday they are given money to buy lunch at the tuck shop). My heart just melted! He was so excited and pleased with himself.....he had chosen the scarf specially for her because it was the prettiest color and her favorite....and the chain was the same as the one he had! And now could I please stop at the shops to buy a gift bag to put his gifts into!  How could I say no!!??! He was starving but first wanted to go and get the bag.....and please could I buy her a chocolate! So off we went and he chose the bag and chocolate and couldn't wait for the evening:)

The chosen baggy.....


It was so sweet!....After all the excitement he was just so shy to give it to her....
When they were about to leave from the picnic...he went over to her ...handed her the baggy...said "Happy Valentine's Day Zara"  and then ran off to go play soccer with his friends!!! I just had to giggle after. My sweetie is going to be a good man to some lucky lady when he's all grown :)

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend....I certainly am :)

Take care
Thoeria xx

16 comments:

Heather said...

Aww that's so sweet! We don't really do V-day either I'm glad I'm not alone.

Pull the other thread said...

That is very sweet. We don't do Valentine's either.

Linda said...

Such a cute story Thoeria. Made me smile all day. How old is your son?

Linda

Justine said...

Ah how sweet! A real romantic. How old is he?

Justine said...

And more importantly from a mother's point of view, did you find the cap?!

Justine said...

Ah how sweet! A real romantic. How old is he?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is such a sweet thing to do. My son had lots of female friends at Primary school but now he's at High School he might as well go to a single sex school because he doesn't talk to girls! I guess that will all change over the next few years.
Also, did the missing cap turn up? Our's have to wear blazers and ties but thankfully no caps. Just one more item to buy and lose!

Brigitte said...

Ahhh, such a sweet story about your son. It was a brave thing to do to give her such little treasures he had bought from his lunch money. He's a nice little guy.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely story about your son.

rosey175 said...

I am of mixed feelings on uniforms! I went to school without them; there was a dress code (no booty shorts and the like haha) but no specific colors or style of clothes. Of course, that highlights the difference in money and kids can be mean. :( Did his cap ever turn up?!

And you have a ladies man on your hands; just wait til he's older and you have to bat away the girls ahaha. :D This was such a cute story and I bet he would turn all sorts of red if he knew you posted this.

Preeti said...

Aww that's very cute :) how old is your son? The girl is very lucky to have such a sweet admirer:)

Carol said...

And the fun begins... What a sweet story--it made me smile today, Thoeria :)

Monique said...

That is sooo totally sweet of him to have done. Lovely!

Meari said...

What a cute story!

Kaisievic said...

That is such a very sweet story, Thoeria, may I ask how old your young man is?

Rachel Tomkins said...

That really is a sweet story. No wonder you are proud of him. Please try to follow up with what Zara thought of the little gifts. :)