Friday, March 27, 2015

SFS March 2015



Month : March
Spent   : $4.85
Earned: Not going to track - will try to remain within the $25 budget!
Carried forward: $70.15

Subscription not included in Budget: Serenity Harbour SAL $6
                                             Sew & Stitch Magazine $15

If you're wondering what SFS is all about, head on over to Mel's blog and read all about it :)

Well....I guess my resolution to NOT buy any more magazines just did not hold up! See...there's a little shop down the road from me that sells brand new back issues of all the UK mags....stitching...knitting....all of them! So when I received a text from them to say that they were having a sale...all mags were selling at about $2.42....I *had* to go have a look! (well....the normal price for these mags here is about $10 a piece!). I did restrict myself to two stitchy mags tho!



I've also been keeping busy these past few days stitching....

I've caught up with the Serenity Harbour SAL.....and before part 4 is released!  I'm loving this design!

"Serenity Harbour Sampler" : By the Bay Needleart
Stitched on 32ct "Antique Champagne" linen
Using a mix of DMC, Silks, and over-dyes

I've also spent some time with "Summer".....

"Sunflowers in Summer"by CCN
Stitched on 30ct Cocoa Linen using the recommended threads 

And I started a new HAED....

HAED: "The Witching Hour"
stitched on 25ct Laguna
Yes I know I don't need a new start....especially a HAED....but it *is* a mini....and I'd purchased this chart way back because the cat reminded me of Boo and Lord Nelson (the kitty I had had as a teen). It doesn't look like much right now....and probably won't for a long while as there's lots....I mean LOTS....of black in it! Page 1, Column 1 completed! Pull the Other Thread has a lovely tutorial on gridding your fabric here. I've tried the one page grid and have to say I think I really really like this method! I'm also stitching this in "tent stitch" (thanks for the heads up about the difference between a half cross stitch and tent stitch Justine!). I had to pilfer threads from my other HAED to get this started....so expect a bit of a spend next month when I go purchase threads to replenish stocks!

Hope you're all keeping warm....or enjoying your spring....depending on where in the world you're at :)

Have a fantastic weekend all :)

Take care

18 comments:

Brigitte said...

You have got a lot of will power to only buy two of these magazines that were on sale. I'm a complete magazine junkie and would have bought a bag full, believe me. Fortunately there is nowhere for me to buy stitching magazines in my region. My magazine stash would explode if I had a store nearby, lol.
Great progress on your WIPs and a very nice new HAED start.

cucki said...

great stitching my dear...and i love your new mags so much..
happy stitching xx

Esmeralda said...

Love your new haed , so cute :)
Witch other one are you allso making from haed ?
Well done on your sfs budget

Mii Stitch said...

Great new HAED start! Have fun :)

Justine said...

I love how you sneaked that in at the end! Gorgeous new start. I too admire your restraint with the magazines. Well done on sticking to your budget!

Preeti said...

Good progress on your stitching !!
Just two mags ? I could not have controlled :) Anyways, good that you are sincere towards SFS with a little bit of indulgence;)I have heard a lot about tent stitch, will hop on to Justine's blog to read about it.

Linda said...

Wonderful stitching Thoeria. I love your new start. How did you reframe from only buying to magazines.

Linda

Kate said...

Great SFS report, Thoeria :-) How did you only manage to buy two?? Terrific progress on your projects. I love your new HAED, so cute.

Pamela said...

Serenity Harbor and Summer are both gorgeous!

Carol said...

What a great sale on the magazines, Thoeria--I'd say you showed great restraint in limiting yourself to just two! Loved seeing your progress, but I'm most interested in your new mini-HAED piece. I love black cats, too, so I really look forward to watching this one grow :)

Pull the other thread said...

Wel done on doing so well with the budget. Great price on the mags, I don't think I could have passed that up either. Hope you found the tutorial useful, if you have any questions please do let me know. Love your stitching and your new start is great. Hope you enjoy the tent stitching, I use it in all my HAED projects and love it.

Sheryl S. said...

Great stitching and new haed. Wish we had a mag shop like yours nearby, I would have bought loads, lucky lady.

Heather said...

Well done on your budget :) Excellent stitching as usual xxxx

Rachel Tomkins said...

You're a very restrained purchaser! Well done sticking to SFS budget and on your progress pieces. Love your new start but don't envy you all that black stitching! :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I wouldn't have been able to resist the magazine sale either. Your stitching is lovely and you are making good progress on your projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another compliment for your restraint on the magazine sale! I have about four or five boxes full but still buy more...
Lovely stitching this month and a great new HAED.

Meari said...

Not a bad deal on the magz... :D I have a ton of them myself.
::hangs head::

Kaisievic said...

I am so amazed that you only bought two mags! Love your progress on your two pieces - I am yet to start the Serenity Bay SAL, I might get my act together on it tomorrow now that I have seen your beautiful stitching - I just need to get DS2 (who is down from Sydney for Easter) out of my craft room! lol! Thanks to the link for the gridding tutorial, really helpful.