Sunday, March 8, 2015

YOTA Update 3

It's a day past posting and as usual I'm late! At least not "left-the-cookies-in-the-oven-for-too-long and-now-they're-burnt-to-cinders" late!! Just a wee bit off...... I'm pretty sure if I checked the clock somewhere in the world it is still Saturday!! :D

I've chosen "Enchantress" as my YOTA piece to work on for this year (read all about this lovely laid back SAL here). I may decide to swop it out at some stage or add another one of my many UFOs to work on...but for now Enchantress is about all I'm able to work on in between Serenity and my second crochet blankie (but more of that in a later post!)

So when I last posted a pic of her, this is what "Enchantress" looked like.....

Woodland Enchantress
I managed to get a few more stitches into the tree...and then decided that I wanted to work this piece in columns rather than just haphazardly wherever I wanted to, so made a start at the bottom of column one...so this is what it looks like now...

A smudge added to the bottom!

It may not look like it....but there's quite a few extra stitches put into the tree!



And a close up of the "smudge"that I added to the bottom :)



On a rather sad note....I had to take my little Boo to the vet (to those who may wonder who Boo is...he's one of my 3 kitty cats). He lost his appetite and just became very lethargic. So off to the vet he went in the week. I went to fetch him home yesterday. They've diagnosed him with FIP - it's a kitty virus which is almost always incurable and fatal. The vet says he may have a few days left or a few weeks. He is such a young kitty cat...only 14 months old. But FIP is apparently most common in cats younger than 2. Buttons (his sister) is fine, and so is my older Scruffy. It's apparently not a contagious disease. He spends the day asleep on my youngest bug's bed (this is his person - the one he always slept with at night) and telling her that he will only be with us for a short while has been most difficult. He eats a little and I am giving him water with a syringe. He will go back to the vet on Thursday. All we can do is monitor him before I will have to make the very painful decision to have him put to sleep....
I keep hoping that they made a mistake with his diagnosis and that he'll pick up strength, but when I see him sleeping and watch him trying to walk (he has very little energy) I know that they haven't...

And not wanting to leave you on a totally sad note.....my running time has improved and I am now down to 42 minutes :) Not too shabby ! Hubby and the youngest joined me on Saturday. No they didn't run the 5kms but walked it :) 

Have a lovely Sunday all 

Take care

17 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Your progress on Enchantress is wonderful. So sorry to hear your very sad news.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Good progress! But I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. It is so hard to watch that happen!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on Enchantress.
Sorry to hear about your poor little kitty. At least it isn't contagious and you have some time to spend together.

Rachel Tomkins said...

Enchantress has come a long way since last time so well done there.
I'm sorry to hear about Boo. That's a very young age to loose a pet. I hope all goes smoothly, despite how distressing it is obviously going to be.
Hugs to all. :)

Linda said...

Hi Thoeria. I'm so sorry to read about Boo. I lost a 4 month old kitten to that several years ago. I'm sorry you have to go through that.
You have made great progress on Enchantress.

Linda

Justine said...

I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Boo. Must be heartbreaking for you all.
Enchantress looks great, you made lots of progress on the tree. Beautiful.

Deb said...

WOW! Great WIP!
So sorry about kitty. Terrible to lose them at any age. We still talk about a kitty who passed in 1990.

Preeti said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty.
Great progress on your stitching!! And great going on the running too! I don't run, only walk.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Good progress on the Enchantress. It's horrible when pets take so ill, especially if you have to make a decision on their future.

Mii Stitch said...

Poor little Boo :( Thinking of you & sending you big hugs x
You've made beautiful progress on your stitching!!!

Pamela said...

Great stitching progress. Sorry to hear about the kitty. Congrats on the continuing improvements on your running time.

homeschooljewelrymom said...

I'm so sorry about your sweet kitty, Thoeria :-( That's always such a hard process to go through. Sending hugs your way (and to your bug!). You made some beautiful progress on your stitchy project.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Ooh, you are making me antsy to start mine, but I will try to be good and work on my WIP pile. It is really coming out beautiful, the colors are so much more vibrant than the stock photo shows.

rosey175 said...

o no, poor Boo! It is such a hard decision to make but it is better than watching them waste away slowly. :( I had to do it about a year ago and this made me tear up!

You have made lovely progress, I can see lots of extra stitching in the tree!

And congrats on knocking off another minute. And good for the family joining in too! :D

Brigitte said...

Oh, this is some great progress on your YOTA piece. On my big projects I also often chnage the place where I want to stitch on, just to change the colours or motifs in order to keep my attention alive.
Sorry to hear about your little kitty.

Sheryl S. said...

Beautiful work on Enchantress but so sorry to hear about Boo, such a young cat and awful to see an animal wasting away. We had to say goodbye to our beloved dog two years ago due to age and illness, absolutely heartbreaking.

Maureen said...

So sorry to hear about Boo, thoughts are with you.
Good going with the running , me and my colleagues at work are doing C25, it's hard work but worth it.