Friday, April 24, 2015

Serenity :)

That's what I've been working on.....well mostly anyways!

Can you believe that April has come and is now almost done and dusted??
For me it's been a month of adjustment and shifting gears....
See....when my eldest kept getting ill last year, hubby and I made the decision that I should quit the full time job. Believe me when I say that the decision was an easy one to make on a personal level - I'm home with the little ones to help with homework...there's no mad scramble to collect them at school then drop them home then head back to the office...there's no having to pay someone else to be with them in the afternoons (with no family living here in Jozi there's no support structure to call!)...there's no insane dash to get home in the evening to get dinner going....there's no worrying about how to squeeze in some time to get to gym with all the other things going on.....believe me... on this level it's a no brainer decision! Financially it has meant having to make certain mind shift as well as spend pattern changes....and this was really the big crunch decision bug. Eventually we decided that we'll just have to bite the bullet and learn to make do with the plenty we already have! So starting 1 April I have been a stay home mum....and I have been loving it :) There's loads that keep me occupied and I'm even finding that there's not enough time for me to squeeze in everything I want to before having to play taxi :D So we're adjusting and the month has just flown past on a super sonic jet!

As I mentioned earlier....it's been mostly Serenity Harbour this month....I finished Part 4 a week or so back
Serenity Harbour - Part 4

The pic really doesn't do the piece any justice....I have no idea why it's looking so washed out!

This is how the whole piece looks at the moment....


A tad scrumpy and crinkled sorry....

I've also been working on my middle bug's blankie....it'll probably get dome in time for winter next year :D I'll have to take a pic next time and show you guys!

And almost forgot....the other bit that's been seeing some needle time has been the HAED mini....no pic tho....the weather this afternoon is terrible and with my bad pic taking streak I'd rather not attempt a pic of all that black in this light!

Have a fantastic weekend all....

Take care

15 comments:

Carol said...

What a peaceful scene you're stitching, Thoeria--I just love it! So glad the adjustment to being a full-time stay at home mom is working well. I, too, quit working outside of the home for a good 10 years when my sons were young and returned part time when they were all in school full days. I thoroughly enjoyed those years after the initial adjustment :)

Linda said...

How great to be able to stay home with your kids. I didn't get that chance with my daughter. I hope eldest is doing okay now. Lovely stitching.

Linda

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Hey, congratulations! Having to work is the only reason we don't have kids right now - we can't pay both sets of student loans on one income. But hey, I can dream can't I?

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Congratulations, Theoria! You will love being a stay at home mom. It has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. And you'll get used to spending differently. It just takes a little thought and a little thankfulness for all you have. : ) Blessings! ~Tricia

And BEAUTIFUL stitching, by the way!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the change of life style. You will find in many ways it's cheaper to be a stay at home mum because you save on travel, clothes, lunches, workplace collections etc!
I work part time and it's hard enough to juggle that with school, I can't imagine attempting full time work.

Ruth said...

Congrats on the lessening of home insanity. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly now. .... Serenity certainly seems to be for you! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

rosey175 said...

Hooray for being a stay-at-home mom! I'm sure it will be a different kind of hectic but at least it's family hectic not everything in the universe hectic. :D

This piece is quite lovely, I love the sunny sun shining down on everything.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely stitching. Serenity might just be my favorite word at the moment. When I retired, they told me that I would have a hard time keeping busy. But nope, we're always going somewhere and even when I am keeping Terry company while he rests, I always have stitching or reading to keep me busy. I COULD pay a little more attention to the dust, but nah. LOL
xx, Carol

Kate said...

Congrats on being able to make the change, Thoeria! Being a stay at home mom is a wonderful experience, although it can have lots of ups and downs. Enjoy every minute of your babies but remember to take some time for yourself, too. On that note, lovely stitching :-)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It takes a while to adjust to the changes you've made, Theoria. I'm not surprised that you are finding yourself so busy. Lovely progress on 'Serenity Harbour'.

Preeti said...

Your stitching is looking pretty!! :)
Congrats on the new role !! I can talk a lot on this topic to a length that it would be like another post...lol
While I did not leave job for the reasons you did, nobody needed me at home, I left for the sole purpose of 'me' time. But, you know, now I wonder how I managed to cook, look after home and still worked 10 hrs , 5days in a week in the office. Staying at home means never-ending tasks which are brought upon by ourselves. While working, few not so urgent things get dragged to be done on weekend but being at home we feel - ok let me do this now,, I will then save the weekend...but work keeps on popping up. We start relieving our husband from miscellaneous home tasks and end up piling up our todo list. Whatever be it, working in office was a less of physical taxing for me. So be careful, don't take too many things on you:) Welcome to the world of stay@home mums:)

Kaisievic said...

So glad to hear that being home is working well for you and your family. Your Serenity Bay Sampler is looking great!

Brigitte said...

Great for you and your kids that you are able to stay at home with them. And so good to read that the time of adjustment has been fine. Enjoy your time at home. I'm sure that you won't have a single boring moment, lol.
Very nice progress on the Serenity sampler.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching done on this beautiful design :)

Sheryl S. said...

I'm sure that this change is for the best. Us women just try to do too much. The work at home is never ending. Love how your stitching design is coming along. Really pretty.