Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SFS September 2015



Month : September
Spent   : $6,50
Earned: Not going to track - will try to remain within the $25 budget!
Carried forward: $68,50

I missed the August report....but didn't have much to report anyway! With the focus being on getting the cottage completed for my parents I hadn't done any shopping. And with our currency now so badly devalued against the dollar I'm not allowing myself to be tempted by anything I've seen online!!

I had to make a much needed DMC purchase though....I ran out of a few of the colours I'm using on Serenity Harbour. Eleven skeins @ $6,50....



I'm still working on Part 5 of Serenity.



This is going to be a lonnggg piece!



Sorry for the rather creased pic!

I'm thinking that I need to pull out something from my stash for a change of scenery ....and I haven't touched my YOTA piece in the past two months!

Today was yet another scorcher....32 celcius!!! And the same expecte tomorrow....

Have a lovely evening folks :)

Take care

11 comments:

Heather said...

Looks great! $6.50 is ridiculous! I'm starting to think I should start a business where I buy floss for people who live out of the country and mail it to them. I can't believe what some people have to pay!

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and progress Thoeria.

Linda

Preeti said...

Lovely progress on your project!! I spend dollars only twice or thrice a year when my husband goes to the US. I atleast save shipping cost that way by getting free shipped to my friend's US address when the budget is more than $50 or $100.

Pull the other thread said...

Well done on your budgeting. Great stitching as well. I too haven't been working on my YOTA piece for the past few months.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Was that 6.50 for EACH skein? Perhaps there is a group of stitchers in your area and you could do a group purchase to defray shipping costs. there must be a way to make stitching more affordable for you.
xx, Carol

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching!!

Sheryl S. said...

Love this design, so pretty.

KimM said...

This design is SOOOOOO pretty! It will be a knock-out when you're done.
xxx

Brigitte said...

11 skeins DMC for $6.50, that's a real bargain. I'm sure you will still need some more skeins as Serenity Harbour is definitely a large piece. And it looks so great. BUt I understand that you need a little change of projects when you have stitched on it for a while. Always happens to me as well.

Rachel Tomkins said...

That's a lovely healthy budget to carry forward. Perhaps you could treat yourself to something for Christmas?
Great progress on Serenity too. I enjoy watching this one grow. :)

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful stitching. Your Serenity Bay Sampler is looking fantastic!