Thursday, October 29, 2015

A little bit of craftiness...

My plan had been to do this post a few days after my last.....seriously! I don't know how more than a week and a bit escaped past my watchful eyes!

So without any further ado......let me share the little bit of craftiness I've been up to :)

I think I may have mentioned that I was knitting a jersey for my soon to be born nephew (still keeping fingers crossed that it'll be ON my birthday!). Well the jersey is finished .....just needs to have the sleeves stitched and it's button put on and voila!



I found this easy top-down pattern here. And when I say easy......I mean E-A-S-Y!!! I had this baby done in two evenings.....and I do NOT knit fast! Marianna has a host of gorgeously cute patterns that will make you want to pick up those knitting needles!

I have indulged my whim to start something new and went rummaging through the stash drawers and containers. I've always found that Lizzie Kate satisfies my needs for a quick, pretty finish....so that's where I ended up heading to :)


Do Your Best by Lizzie Kate

This kit comes with all the bits to make up a pillow.....but I'm not sure that's how I want to finish it! I'm leaning towards a needle book....haven't made one in ages and they're oh so practical! What do you think ?

I've also dusted off my subscription quilt blocks that I've let fall by the wayside and finished two of the blocks from the "Sew & Stitch" magazine series.




When we had that terrible postal strike last year in which my Chatelaines went missing, my subscription copies of the magazine also stopped as they held them back, fearing it would go missing in the mail (a wise decision considering what happened!). Once mail service kind of resumed, I got flooded with so many back issues that it just seemed like too much and I put them on the back burner. But no more! I am determined to do at least one of these blocks every week......which reminds me......this week is about done and I've yet to get cracking.....

Now....I'm pretty sure that the whole of stichy blogland is aware of Nancy's generosity and fantastic giveaways.....there are surprise packages......choose your stash prizes.....fabric prizes
And there's still some time left to enter so please do!

Its SFS reporting time as well......so expect another post soon!

Have a lovely evening all

Take care

10 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

You have been very productive. Love the baby knit, so sweet. Great stitching finish and the quilt blocks look great.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

How exciting! You've been happily busy and have some lovely projects in the works.

Emma/Itzy said...

You've been busy! They all look great! :)

Heather said...

Great crafting :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Thoeria.

Linda

Brigitte said...

A great post with a bit of everything in it.
This little sweater for your nephew already looks gorgeous. And you are right - for an immediate feeling of accomplishment those little L*K designs are perfect. They are fun and the result is always beautiful. Like yours. Why not make it into a needlebook, the designs seems to ask for it, lol.
On the one hand it is great that all these block patterns have finally arrived and nothing went lost, but on the other hand you just don't know where to start when you get so much at once. Both blocks look really great.
What a pity that the Chatelaine designs haven't appeared yet.

Vickie said...

Oh what an adorable sweater for your nephew.
That is a great LK design. What color DMC is that house? It is so pretty.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gosh the sweater is so sweet. I have always wanted to knit, but just can't get it like I do crochet. I always love it when you share your beutiful needlework and your stitching too.
xx, Carol

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet knitting for your future nephew and lovely stitching on the Lizzie Kate.

Justine said...

I can't believe you knit that cute sweater in two days! It's gorgeous.
Your LK is so sweet. I'm sure you could repurpose the supplies if you decide to make a needlebook.