Monday, February 29, 2016

I gave myself permission....

Given my overly energetic activity yesterday...I gave myself permission to spend the day on the couch :D

Well....not the whole day....dishes had to be washed and beds made, but after all that nonsense was ut of the way I spent some quality time with my knotty tree....and manged to get it all done and dusted! I'll be starting tree 2 tomorrow....and from the instructions this one should be a quickie! I'm planning to do it as a winter tree,,,,unless I get struck by another spell of insanity!! I figure that a winter tree won't be needing leaves...sooooo....let's see what tomorrow brings!

But that's tomorrow.....now....there's this....my French knot tree :)

French knot tree - Crazy Quilt class

The postie has also been good :) Unexpected gifts from a very dear friend of mine in Australia :)


I've never tried long stitch but this is such a cute design....aren't koalas just too cute?! The kit contains everything to complete it.

DMC Longstitch Kit - Porthole
I forgot to share the gorgeous "Serenity Stitching Book Kit" that Donna from By the Bay Needleart
had created for those who signed up for the Serenity SAL with her :)


Cute little dove charm!
The fabric ...gorgeous Serenity print!

All my excitement with the running yesterday had me forget to mention the giant hole in my ceiling thanks to a burst water tank in the roof (the hot water geyser tank as it's called out here!)

Bathroom ceiling.....
It's been a week and we're still waiting for the contractor to come out and fix it......insurance company has assured us that he was going to be here last week.....
At least the hot water geyser has been replaced!

I'm off to gather my materials for tree 2! Have a lovely evening all :)

Take care



20 comments:

Vickie said...

The tree is superb, as I knew it would be. :D
Oh boy! That does not look good. Let us hope they get moving, so that ceiling can get fixed fast.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous tree, Thoeria and it sounds like the postie has been very good to you. Good luck with getting the hole in the ceiling fixed.

cucki said...

Oh dear i hope the roof get fixed soon
Love the sweet tree and the gifts is so lovely
Big hugs x

Pull the other thread said...

That tree is just amazing, can't wait to see the next one. Glad to hear you treated yourself to some relaxing, you definitely deserve it. The postie has brought you lots of lovely bits, the Koala kit is so cute. That's a big hole in your ceiling! Hope it gets fixed soon.

KimM said...

Wow - absolutely stunning - the tree looks almost real.
Well done -
hugs

Tiffstitch said...

Holey moley!! That tree is fantastic!

Linda said...

The tree looks great Thoeria.

Linda

CalamityJr said...

What a wonderful tree! Enjoy your gifts.

Heather said...

Wow amazing job on the tree that thing would have taken me like a month. It looks beautiful!

Preeti said...

Great job on your tree!! :) I would have gone crazy with so many French knots. You got wonderful stash, lovely reward after running :)
Be careful with that hole, looks scary.

Rachel Tomkins said...

I agree with everybody else that you deserved a rest after your half marathon and have done a fantastic job finishing the tree. As for your hole, let's hope it gets fixed soon. :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Thoeria
I always snicker at some of your choice of words. "I gave myself permission". When I retired, I learned that phrase well!

Your french knot tree is beautiful. I think your color mix is perfection and adds perfect dimension. I'm looking forward to the design you choose in the next one.

Gosh I hate when appliances and skeletons of the house go ballistic! It's always a pain, expensive and lots of work.

xx, Carol

Angela said...

Beautiful tree!

Sheryl S. said...

Gorgeous knot tree.

Justine said...

Your tree is simply stunning! I say keep your head down, keep stitching and pretend that hole isn't there!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The French knot tree is brilliant. Looking forward to seeing what you do for the winter tree.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That tree is stunning! I am so glad you are not a designer, you'd be making us all stitch huge areas of French Knots LOL

The hole in the ceiling looks dramatic. Glad no-one was hurt.

rosey175 said...

I would've gave myself permission for a week. Or two. :b All that other life stuff is indeed nonsense -- Spoken by the Housewife.

That tree looks so fun~ I love all the colors and it looks like one of those stitches you can't keep your hands off. I'd be constantly fondling it LOL.

Congrats on the spectacular postal delivery and I don't think your ceiling is supposed to look like that. You may want to get it looked at. I'm sure someone could come out in the next month or three! :B

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Thoeria, you finished that French knot tree. And it looks so so gorgeous.That must have been real piece of work - and also a piece of love to stitch so many French knots. Now I'm very curious to see tree #2, without leaves but maybe with snow on its branches.
What a lovely gift you received from your friend. A long stitch kit, a new adventure. And you are right, these koalas are so sweet.
And another gorgeous kit from Donna. Your will be very busy. That means that you will have to spend more days on the couch stitching and crafting :)))

Meari said...

So sorry about the burst water tank. Looks like the ceiling in my parents' living room when it collapsed from a leaky roof.

What nice stitchy gifts you received. Enjoy!

All those knots... Wow!!