Wednesday, March 9, 2016

One crooked twisted tree.....

I've finally managed to finish the second tree for my crazy class....hmmmmm......who would have guessed that I'd sign up for a class on crazy :D :D

I'm not so sure about this one though...


The tree itself is what's called a twisted tree...not the type of tree....though I'm pretty sure there is a tree out there called a twisted tree....but I'm referring to the method of creating the tree :)..and it's really easy to do. 

I had mentioned that I had a vision of a winter tree with no leaves.....but once I'd finished the tree and took a good look at the block....it just screamed "incomplete" to me....so I was forced to add some ribbon embroidery to make it look a little less empty.

Now the tree itself is not the issue.....it's the placement of the tree in the block


Can you see that?? Can you see how lopsided and skew and funny it looks in that block? I'm hoping that as I start to fill the rest of the block this leering to the side crookedness will be less apparent.

I've also finished off  another easy block on my seaside quilt :)


With autumn knocking on our doors here in the Southern Hemisphere, the schools have yet again sent out an appeal for knit/crochet blocks to be made into blankets for distribution to the poor....so I'll have to squeeze some blocks into my day as well!

Oh.....and I did another 10k race on Sunday :) No pics...I'm pretty sure you're tired of my sweaty mug :D :P

On the celebratory front, Kim who blogs over at Wisdom with Needle and Thread is throwing a huge party for her 60th :) She's wanting to complete 60 RAKs for the year !! Her work is lovely and I for one would LOVE to receive a piece of her gorgeousness .... read all about it by following clicking the button right at the top on the right of your screen :)

Have yourselves a fantastic week all!
Take care 


15 comments:

KimM said...

Lovely tree...and your seaside quilt block looks beautiful.
P.S. Thank you for posting about my party. ;0)
Hugs
xxx

Preeti said...

You got good opportunity to try different types of embroidery in your quilt project. The tree is lovely and your quilt block too:)
I envy your 10k run achievement, but still, congrats and keep it up :)

Brigitte said...

A great idea to use ribbon stitching for the leaves on this little tree. I can imagine that the tree's branches were looking a little naked without them. And I bet that the placement of the tree will be perfect once you sew the blocks together. Or you might add a little flower or something else next to the tree. Nice new seaside block, too.

Justine said...

I'm absolutely useless at anything that requires creative talent so I can't help with the placement of the tree but it looks great to me! I like your idea of using ribbon embroidery.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Theoria
Oh gosh...more running...I've read that kind of exercise gives you more energy. I tried it once but my knees rebelled so I resort to walking which is not a bad thing. I used to lift weights. It never made me stronger but it was a great stress reliever. Seriously, I admire the dedication running a marathon takes. But be sure to post when you are forced to buy new shoes...ha!

I think the tilt of the tree will give the block character. Like life, things are usually a little off kilter.

Have a really good day today. I enjoyed my visit here.
xx, Carol

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your tree. Well done on completing another 10k.

Vickie said...

Quite the runner now, hey? :D
I like the quirkiness of the tree in that block actually.

Linda said...

Your trees are lovely Thoeria.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The ribbon embroidery is lovely, beautiful colours. I think it looks like one of those trees growing out of the side of a hill or somewhere windy!

Heather said...

Awesome job I couldn't have left it bare either! You've definitely been busy lol. Great work!

rosey175 said...

"forced to add" hmmmmm?? I do love the ribbon leaves! I can't remember if the two trees will be on the same quilt -- are they? Or are they individual mini-quilts? The placement does seem odd though if more stuff is going in the space, I think it will be great! Whatchu putting in? Bushes? Birds? Running shoes?? :D

Rachel Tomkins said...

Lovely tree and ribbon work. Bet you're glad no french knots were required this time around?!! :)

Kaisievic said...

Great tree, it is so very pretty.

Angela said...

I think your tree looks lovely :)

Sheryl S. said...

Lovely tree Thoeria, would look a bit sad without leaves.